Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
GP bikes in Whitby, On. started running ads on Kijiji yesterday. Looks like a bike +freight +
prep. for the 6 speed will be $13,799.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just sent an email to Honda asking if they can fit more junk on their bikes as well as their HSTC & DCT. I’ve requested:

Hot and cold faucets/taps for cleaning up after a dusty ride​
Towel rail - with red Honda hand towel​
Toe warmers for my Canadian friends​
Electronic nail brush and file​
Nasal hair plucker to work in conjunction with the speedometer​
Body thermostat - suitable for open and closed face helmets​
Ear de-waxer so as to hear police sirens​
I’ll let you know what they say.​
Please feel free to add anything I may have forgotten.​
😸​

·
Registered
44 Posts
Don't forget the Bosch dishwasher & wine cooler. Really.. this is the 21st. century.
Really like the "toe warmers" , i'm here in the far north & end of season usually occurs
by mid October. Managed to sneak in a few decent days in early November this year,
bonus.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Don't forget the Bosch dishwasher & wine cooler. Really.. this is the 21st. century.
Really like the "toe warmers" , i'm here in the far north & end of season usually occurs
by mid October. Managed to sneak in a few decent days in early November this year,
bonus.
I’ve added them to the list along with a chrome, velvet lined ice bucket - for the mini size Moët Chandon.

As for gizmos. Disc brakes and ABS are probably the best and only good inventions/developments to come to motorcycles. The rest is just junk that is intended to disempower the rider. If it breaks, you have to take it to the stealer/dealer so they can plug it in to their box of toys.

Temperature has plummeted here in the U.K. in the past few days. I don’t mind riding in the snow but am very wary of black ice, especially at night - on corners, under bridges and at junctions - Whoops!

Time to get hunkered down and dream of warmer days ahead.

😸

·
Registered
345 Posts
A shop in Quebec posted the msrp on their website, $13594 (manual), $14594 (DCT)...priced a bit higher than i thought.
A Ontario dealer has the DCT priced at $14,799

·
Registered
851 Posts
GP bikes in Whitby, On. started running ads on Kijiji yesterday. Looks like a bike +freight +
prep. for the 6 speed will be $13,799.
And that doesn't include tax and license.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here in Ontario, $13,799. + tax & license bring you just in on the sunny side of 16k.
The new Triumph Trident is starting to look like a bargain at $9,800 Canadian + t & l.
Watched a first look video from visordown & the new 660 triple looks very interesting.
Talked to my dealer about trading my Rebel a few months ago, the depreciation was brutal.
First brand new bike, had always bought used, learning a valuable lesson.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm wondering if the rear shocks of the 1100 can be mounted on my 500?
The 1100 weighs around 100lbs more than the 500 and I weigh about 100lbs more than I should, might be a much better match in my situ.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I hope you are right. Waiting for the official prices on the Honda Canada website.
here you go...$12,999 standard $13,999 DCT MSRP prices as posted on the Honda Canada website LINK

·
Registered
629 Posts
UK prices £8,999 and £9,899. Keen prices it seems.

·
Registered
53 Posts
An 1100 cc "cruiser" is more about ego than practicality. Western Europe & North America mostly
use these machines as toys. The real #'s are in the small cc bikes most of the rest of the world use as family workhorses.
I'd have to disagree with that. having the on demand power to accelerate out of trouble and especially on the freeway is very useful and practical. Sure the 500 can keep up with traffic on the freeway but theres not much acceleration power left when you're already going 65 mph. Also, not having to shift as much when riding through a city like mine with lots of traffic, stop signs and traffic lights.

·
Registered
2020 Rebel 500 ABS
30 Posts
I'd have to disagree with that. having the on demand power to accelerate out of trouble and especially on the freeway is very useful and practical. Sure the 500 can keep up with traffic on the freeway but theres not much acceleration power left when you're already going 65 mph. Also, not having to shift as much when riding through a city like mine with lots of traffic, stop signs and traffic lights.
Yeah for the most part I'd say my 500 has plenty enough power. That being said I've tapped out the throttle on the highway several times so far already in my short riding career. Not trying to cruise or keep up with traffic per se. It does that fine, but it's just those times where I need short bursts of acceleration when trying to manage merging or making my way across 2 or 3+ lanes to get to my exit where the 500 leaves something to be desired.

·
Registered
144 Posts
90% of the time the power of my 500 is sufficient.
But i understand the desire to have more.
But if i want more, i prefer an even more badass look than the 1100.
The choice of a bike is very personal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Definitely the color I’ll be going after. If at all possible, I’ll be axing the dealer to add passenger seat, low backrest and rear rack at delivery time. And that’s about all I think I’ll be doing to it.

The color does look a bit better the more I see it; the gloss helps.
(I still prefer the denim blue of my 500)
The muffler and conical flange lead-in reminds me of an old vacuum cleaner from B&W tv days.
Has anyone heard an 1100 at idle?
(Just how effective is that large muffler?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if the current accessories available for the Rebel 300/500 2017+ will fit on the new Rebel 1100? For example, I have a passenger seat/footpeg kit on my '18 Rebel, would that fit the 1100? I don't know how significantly the frame has been altered.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts