Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Im from Long Island- currently own and commute to work on a 2019 Honda PCX 150 and want to make the switch to a Rebel 500.. It took me a few months to convince wifey to buy a scooter, I wonder how long it will take to convince her for the Rebel.. my issue, I used the storage on the scooter as the excuse to pick up dinner, run errands etc. I did buy a large backpack hot/cold pizza bag I use when im picking up larger food orders which would work great on the Rebel, (just need to wear it to work "in case" im picking up food on the way home... I shortly looked into the 300 but decided 500 because my main issue with the 150 scooter is a lack of power, I figured go 500 so power will not be a concern (plus Im done with the sound of a single cylinder engine)

:grin2:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Funny, I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. Might be selling my 300 and moving onto a pcx150/scooter. Can't beat the storage and convenience of a scooter in traffic.
My dad has the 300cc vespa and HOLY CRAP that thing is insanely fun. no gears just throttle and It's fast/ torquee* enough to pop wheelies out of some slow turns if you want. haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a Rebel 500 along with a Honda Reflex Sport scooter and a Piaggio MP3 250 scooter and a Tao Tao 50cc scooter. The Rebel actually replaced a Honda Silver Wing scooter so the loss of storage is very evident. Mostly I use the scooters for running errands around town and the Rebel is just for pleasure riding and commuting. I really only drive a car if I absolutely have to. Or if it's raining. Running out for a pizza on the Piaggio is so much fun I almost want to get a job in the summer as a pizza delivery boy.

Keep the scooter it will come in very handy. Plus those PCXs are super cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts