Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

· Registered
417 Posts
I went thru a dealership and got a 4 year Y.E.S. factory warranty for $400. That's almost half what Yamaha charges thru the mail in option. The dealership only profits if THEY sell it to you so they'll negotiate. Not sure if Honda works the same way but it's worth a shot.

· Registered
14 Posts
In my country they come with a 5 year warranty, I actually assumed it was a world wide Honda thing, guess not. But anyways my bike insurance also covers engine / gearbox should it fail outside the warranty, so might be worth checking if it is included in yours as well, no need to pay twice for the same service.

· Administrator
1,866 Posts
I got this not long ago and have been restoring it over the winter. Just recently got it roadworthy even with the original tires from '72. These are what Hondas reputation for relibility was built on. Not much reason for a warranty on something you can fix yourself.

very nice - you even have the spare gas tank !!!

· Registered
417 Posts
very nice - you even have the spare gas tank !!!
That seems to be the first thing people notice. I was lucky to find a locksmith that had the old Honda key code book so it could be removed and cleaned out. Took a lot of penetrating oil and determination (along with a few choice words) because the lock was all gummed up.

· Registered
9 Posts
Just got an extended warranty offer letter from Honda as my one year mfg warranty is coming up.
This is my first Honda and understand they are fairly reliable so not sure if it would be worth it as covers mfg defects in parts not regular wear. But 3 years for US$795 is not too bad if something goes wrong with bike.

I know it can be random on what happens to individual bikes but would be interested in owners thoughts on this? Worth it or not?
That is 795 you will never see again, just change your oil and skip the overpriced warranty you will not even use. Chances are if something goes wrong with your bike in 3 years you should more than be able to fix it for under a grand. The bike cost around 6 grand new, and you will be adding close to another grand to the price. ... It will only be a deal to Honda

· Registered
450 Posts
Intrigue169 - Stated very well.
Extended warranties are for profit for the place offering them.
Why do you think that there are so many calls and letters to offer warranties for your car/truck?
I have even gotten them for my 2010 car!
It would be money better served IF you started a savings account just for repairs and then when you dont need them - go on vacation!

· Registered
3 Posts
Shop around...I'm looking at a Honda 48 month Protection Plan for $495 for my CMX 1100 DCT. I've got another request for pricing in at another Honda dealer that has discounted plans. Will see what the best deal is out there and then decide to buy or not.
Hey RWS, do you mind letting me know what dealership gave you the best deal? I would love their contact information. I am trying to extend my warranty before it expires. Any additional info would be appreciated.

Optimist: Person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness.

· Registered
1,170 Posts

· Registered
2021 Honda CMX1100 DCT
198 Posts
Most extended warranties are a power train thing so passed on that but did get a 3 year Free Service Plan which cost less than the 16,000 Service alone .. Even the 12 I bet is not that cheap at $165.00 Labor while that one I can do myself, no way want to mess with the 16,000 which involves Checking Valve Lash and Removing all 4 spark plugs, which plan on replacing as well at my expense ...

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Most extended warranties are a power train thing so passed on that but did get a 3 year Free Service Plan which cost less than the 16,000 Service alone .. Even the 12 I bet is not that cheap at $165.00 Labor while that one I can do myself, no way want to mess with the 16,000 which involves Checking Valve Lash and Removing all 4 spark plugs, which plan on replacing as well at my expense ...
some key features of the Honda extended warranty

HondaCare extended warranty are factory administered warranties

Coverage is virtually the same as the Honda Limited Warranty coverage you get with a new Honda

Repairs are performed by Honda Trained Technicians who use only Honda Genuine Parts™

Nationwide coverage

No mileage limit

Transferable

tough to beat these discounts

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

· Registered
728 Posts
Normally I would say no, but this bike model came out of the manufacturer with leaks, bad gaskets, rust, dealer couldn't install parts due to poor fitment, just sad quality, I'm considering! also, 1 year warranty seems to me to be a lack of confidence on makers end

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Normally I would say no, but this bike model came out of the manufacturer with leaks, bad gaskets, rust, dealer couldn't install parts due to poor fitment, just sad quality, I'm considering! also, 1 year warranty seems to me to be a lack of confidence on makers end
so that's why you are selling your bike...**** Honda quality?

· Registered
450 Posts
With this - "came out of the manufacturer with leaks, bad gaskets, rust, dealer couldn't install parts due to poor fitment, just sad quality, I'm considering "
why synnamdammit did you not return it??
I would not have gotten that even if it was used!

· Registered
728 Posts
so that's why you are selling your bike...**** Honda quality?
yep, that and ergonomics, I bought foolishly,

· Registered
286 Posts
Peeps with Honda cars never check the valve lash and the engines just keep running. I will do this once on schedule and then listen for any tick sounds before I do it again.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts