Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda's CMX500A rear Rack Maximum Loading Capacity 6.6 lbs? Really?

REAR CARRIER
P/N 08L70-K87-A00
08L70-K87-J00

Ok, So I just got the Honda Rear Rack and it says the "Maximum Loading Capacity 6.6 lbs" I plan on carrying more than 6.6 pounds of weight in this rack. Of course, I'm not going to put a ton of weight on it...but a small bit more than 6.6 lbs. My school backpack weighs 10 lbs. It seems reasonable to me that this rack can handle more weight than the 6.6 lbs? It is a very sturdy well-built rack!

What do you all think?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Honda's CMX500A rear Rack Maximum Loading Capacity 6.6 lbs? Really?

REAR CARRIER
P/N 08L70-K87-A00
08L70-K87-J00

Ok, So I just got the Honda Rear Rack and it says the "Maximum Loading Capacity 6.6 lbs" I plan on carrying more than 6.6 pounds of weight in this rack. Of course, I'm not going to put a ton of weight on it...but a small bit more than 6.6 lbs. My school backpack weighs 10 lbs. It seems reasonable to me that this rack can handle more weight than the 6.6 lbs? It is a very sturdy well-built rack!

What do you all think?
Forgot to add this http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L70-K87-A00.pdf

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was thinking about getting that rack too but looked to small for my liking. So I just welded me up my own. It supports my whole gym bag nicely and adds protection as it sticks out a few inched passed the all the rear lights.

·
Registered
742 Posts
what tech said. basically i think it's a liability issue, but if you load it smartly and don't put 50 pounds on it, i think you'd be fine.

also the bags i'm getting say the same thing, i think it's more to do with the weight on the fender bolts (attachment point) than how much the rack (or bags in my case) can support

1 - 5 of 5 Posts