Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Anyone have the 10 or 14 inch Honda branded saddlebags?
08L04-K87-A31
08L05-K87-A31
If so, are they worth the $$$?
Easy on, easy off, easy to steal?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated !!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I installed a set. Easy on and off. The latches to release the bags do not lock. To prevent casual walkby theft of the bags you could lock the handle on the bags to the bags mounting frame. The bags zippers can also be locked with a small cable lock or padlock...see last picture in the link below. The bags are 10 and 14 liters in capacity not in inches.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I installed a set. Easy on and off. The latches to release the bags do not lock. To prevent casual walkby theft of the bags you could lock the handle on the bags to the bags mounting frame. The bags zippers can also be locked with a small cable lock or padlock...see last picture in the link below. The bags are 10 and 14 liters in capacity not in inches.

Those are nice looking bags.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the info. Great pics btw... Waiting on my Rebel 1100 to arrive and can't decide between these and something by Shad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,
Anyone have the 10 or 14 inch Honda branded saddlebags?
08L04-K87-A31
08L05-K87-A31
If so, are they worth the $$$?
Easy on, easy off, easy to steal?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated !!
My last 3 bikes had hard bags that opened from the side. I like soft type and open from the top, you can stand up things and strap support and the zipper to hold in place. I ride with fishing gear to places you cannot drive. Good setup... not the best look.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Saddleman Highwayman slant saddlebags , retail about $150. Cdn. at Fortnine .
Can't remember whether I bought the medium or large. They are durable, fit well,
and don't interfear with pillion passenger or turn signals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts