Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Does anyone use highway pegs/boards on their rebel? I am a bit on the taller side and would like to be able to stretch out a bit on the highway. If not, is there a way to move the pegs and controls forward?

Thanks!

·
Registered
712 Posts
After seeing this again, and seeing that it's not as expensive as I initially thought, I decided to go ahead and place an order. I've always felt a little cramped with the mid controls, so I'm looking forward to the change!

Ordering process was a bit of a pain, but no fault of theirs.

I tried first with my B of A credit card. Declined. Ok.

So I tried with my Cabela's card. Declined. Ok....

B of A debit card? Declined. BUT, I got an immediate text from B of A asking if the attempted debit purchase was mine. Answered Yes, and it said if it was declined to try again. So I did. Declined. Well, **** lol.

So I then get an email from the company.. saying to do a bank transfer, and gave me the details. The B of A app won't let you transfer to someone that's not already established as a contact. Lovely.

Then B of A calls me. Hey, did you try to buy something from Italy on your credit card? Yep, motorcycle parts... and explained the failed attempts with the debit card, too. Ok, well, we declined it because it's out of the ordinary for your account... and we deactivated your card.

Ok, well it's really me, and I really want it. So turn my card back on and let me make the purchase.

Done.

Total cost after shipping, taxes, import fees, whatever else is $512 and change.

And now we wait...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Baller,

I am anxious to see how long it takes to receive the controls from Italy, ease or difficulty of install, and how you like them.

Kenny G

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine took a little over a week to make it to Nebraska. Installation was super easy...... Took an hour or so. Everything lined up great. Bike is so much more enjoyable to me now! You will love them!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Based on the specs listed on the site, they should move about 6.5" forward and 1" up.
Crap...just when I think I'm done spending money something like this comes around.
Any chance someone is willing to take a pic w/ this installed and rider seated on it vs stock? Would like to see the how much extra leg extension this kit offers before dropping $400+

·
Registered
742 Posts
did anyone ever take pics? i was just thinking about it this week. after riding 6 hours on monday my knees started to hurt, so i wondered about stretching my legs a bit. i don't want to move the controls, just add a set of pegs off the frame i suppose. or possibly slightly more forward, but i guess i'd need crash bars for that since they sit in front of the radiator and then put clamps on them.
I even went to the honda dealer today to sit on a CTX cause they have pegs slightly forward, and it felt good. course i think that bike is butt ugly so not like i'm gonna trade mine in or anything ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I decided to install a set of folding highway steps from Neverland shop on AliExpress, € 15,-- including postage from China to the Netherlands. For the bracket I could fortunately count on help from a friend who had some spare time, some stainless left overs, and the skill and equipment to build a bracket.
Otherwise this project would have had a much steeper price tag.
Images speak for themselves I think, measurement on the ruler is in mm/cm.

Yes, the steps now fold backwards, hadn't decided on best angle yet.
whole bracket can be installed on the inside of the existing motormounts without undoing anything else, except the horn bracket, that had to be altered a little to clear the bracket pipe.
Now I'm able to stretch my short legs every once in a while, real comfy.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
I installed the depretto forward pegs. Like others have said they were fairly easy to install. The fit was good but I had to make a few adjustments. I didn’t like the fact that the back of the shifter touched the lower radiator hose. My fix was to add 1/4” spacer to the lower most rear bolt, the one that uses their spacer already. Adding it there created a small space at the radiator hose and shifter. I also had to buy a M8 1.25 x 35 bolt to add that spacer. The other issue was the kit had a small spacer on the shift side and expected me to reuse the 16mm bolt. I replaced it with a 25mm bolt. They ended up costing me 500 usd but were worth it. That’s the price of a can but I don’t mind the stock exhaust so I feel like it was a good purchase. I will post pictures eventually. Still playing with an idea to add another set of pegs to the bike first.

·
Registered
366 Posts
did anyone ever take pics? i was just thinking about it this week. after riding 6 hours on monday my knees started to hurt, so i wondered about stretching my legs a bit. i don't want to move the controls, just add a set of pegs off the frame i suppose. or possibly slightly more forward, but i guess i'd need crash bars for that since they sit in front of the radiator and then put clamps on them.
I even went to the honda dealer today to sit on a CTX cause they have pegs slightly forward, and it felt good. course i think that bike is butt ugly so not like i'm gonna trade mine in or anything ;)
One of our Rebel Brothers installed these. Looks simple and affordable!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
One of our Rebel Brothers installed these. Looks simple and affordable!
I've seen people having slight issue with these. They won't tighten enough to stay put, so they start rotating when you apply pressure on them.
Might be an easy fix with some rubber inbetween though.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts