Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
it's super easy literally one plug under the seat. the hardest part is getting the dang little zip ties around the frame tubes under your gas tank.
Why bother with zip ties.
I lifted the bolt end of the tank, threaded the cable through making sure it didn’t snag or potentially rub against a hard surface then zip tie a loop under the seat.
As you said it’s an extremely easy task.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Why bother with zip ties.
I lifted the bolt end of the tank, threaded the cable through making sure it didn’t snag or potentially rub against a hard surface then zip tie a loop under the seat.
As you said it’s an extremely easy task.
one day ill get around to doing it more professionally like this i just wanted to see how it would work before i made a commitment to work on it like that. one thing I've noticed and I'm curious if you have the same problem twizzian, when you shift does it lag a little bit? mine will take like 3-4 seconds to tell me what gear I'm in after i shift.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I didn't even lift the tank, was able to push the wire between the frame and tank, and guide it through the opening to the under-seat area to plug in. Only used one zip tie-near the front, just so the wire wouldn't stick out much coming off the display. it's never moved, or popped out beyond the frame tube.

Brian-I know it wasn't directed at me, but I have no lag on the display, the second I let go of the clutch lever, it shows the new gear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts