Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoops, didn't even see that there was a dedicated thread for this.

New rider. Excited to learn from all of you. 5.7K OTD including delivery for a 300 non abs. Searched around quite extensively and it's still a premium here so the average person, without any dealer hook up, can negotiate down to around this price... I think maybe if I spent a bit more effort I could have seen 5.5K but they are getting snatched up pretty quickly and I wanted to make sure I got this color.

Hope to see some of you around!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on getting your hands on a Rebel 3. I assume this is your first bike as a new rider? How's it treating you?
Thank you and thanks for asking! You know what, all in all, it's a great experience. Coming from a scooter, although I know that doesn't mean much, I do honestly feel like the 300 is going to be grown out of quite fast... but I'll remember to keep it all in perspective and treat this bike as a to/from the office bike. Tons of vibration at very low rpms / speed though there is something extremely thrilling about driving something hard from point A to point B even if the actual clocked speed isn't fast... like K1 carts :D

Congrats neighbor. See you on the 5. Actually, probably not. :)
hahah! dickkkkkkk. jk.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got the 300 as well and feel like I have already outgrown it. I would like a heavier bike with more power. That being said, I paid 4.3k OTD with a $200 down payment. Paying 90 bucks a month fits my budget and I can still push this thing to 70 MPH and thats good enough for me. Fun bike and I definetly dont regret not paying 7k for the 500.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hey, also a rebel 300 owner. Bought 2 months ago, 2600kms now and yea, I've out grown it as well. But I'm stuck with it, all the spare change I could spare went into buying it, the riding course, licensing and gear. So I am stuck with it. I'll still enjoy riding in general, just not what I'm riding if that makes sense. lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the 300 as well and feel like I have already outgrown it. I would like a heavier bike with more power. That being said, I paid 4.3k OTD with a $200 down payment. Paying 90 bucks a month fits my budget and I can still push this thing to 70 MPH and thats good enough for me. Fun bike and I definetly dont regret not paying 7k for the 500.
You paid 4.3 OTD? Jesus Christ. I paid over 1K more than you. Do you mean 5.3K out the door? MSRP on the bike is 4.4K

hey, also a rebel 300 owner. Bought 2 months ago, 2600kms now and yea, I've out grown it as well. But I'm stuck with it, all the spare change I could spare went into buying it, the riding course, licensing and gear. So I am stuck with it. I'll still enjoy riding in general, just not what I'm riding if that makes sense. lol.
It's something I've been thinking about for awhile and to be quite honest, you'll all likely keep the 300 so to be fair, your next bike will probably be more than 500. I know people with sub 400/500cc bikes that are looking for something 600+ and I take solace in that. Not sure if this is both your first bikes or not but it's my first bike and I'm actually really happy I made the decision for the 300.

First gear is a little short though no? I feel like I need to shift to 2nd half way through my left turns lol.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You paid 4.3 OTD? Jesus Christ. I paid over 1K more than you. Do you mean 5.3K out the door? MSRP on the bike is 4.4K

It's something I've been thinking about for awhile and to be quite honest, you'll all likely keep the 300 so to be fair, your next bike will probably be more than 500. I know people with sub 400/500cc bikes that are looking for something 600+ and I take solace in that. Not sure if this is both your first bikes or not but it's my first bike and I'm actually really happy I made the decision for the 300.

First gear is a little short though no? I feel like I need to shift to 2nd half way through my left turns lol.

You are correct, 1st gear sucks. It is very short. lol. So is 2nd but not as much, but the and higher you can stretch them out quite a bit. might not like the sound, but it'll move. lol.

I already have plans for another bike next spring. Been looking at the Stryker. Love the looks of this bike. But I also kinda want a Harley too, so, hard decisions. lol. Ill settle on something though, somewhere between 750cc to 1200cc. Any bigger then its too much bike, I'm a small guy. lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are correct, 1st gear sucks. It is very short. lol. So is 2nd but not as much, but the and higher you can stretch them out quite a bit. might not like the sound, but it'll move. lol.

I already have plans for another bike next spring. Been looking at the Stryker. Love the looks of this bike. But I also kinda want a Harley too, so, hard decisions. lol. Ill settle on something though, somewhere between 750cc to 1200cc. Any bigger then its too much bike, I'm a small guy. lol.

The sound is funny (embarrassing) in 1st when it goes just 15mph hahah!!

Keep us updated!!! I can't even imagine 1,200 cc's right now lol.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Well, my loan is 4,454 OTD, but that is with $200 down and them charging the "fluid filling" fee which is BS because they charge over 100 bucks for coolant, gas, brake fluid, and motor oil.... So i suppose I paid 4,654 OTD. Regardless I think I got a good deal and really the only new bike I could afford. The R3 was another option but I think street bikes are kinda corny.

Already looking at the HD Dyna and Softail that I will be getting as soon as the rebel is paid off.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts