Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps,

Introducing my self. Picked up a '17 300 with a little damage yesterday (just visual)

I've been in various forums for a long time and am very surprised that this forum is still kicking as most automotive ones has dwindled.

Anywho, I picked up a matte white '17 that was damaged in transport and there is a sizeable dent on the tank. The bike is otherwise brand new. I am trying to get in touch with a few PDR places to see if it can be fixed (Paintless Dent Removal)

This is technically my 2nd bike, I've only been riding motorcycles since January but I've been on bicycles all of my life. I also have a 2011 CBR250R that is currently up for sale. I love riding the CBR by myself but it wasnt practical to ride with my GF on the rear.

To continue with the Honda theme, I also drive an '09 Civic Si and an '07 Honda Fit (GFs car)

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First of all, welcome!
Second, sorry to say it, but the Rebel won't be much more practical with a passenger than that CBR.. :|
What makes you say so? I bought the oem rear seat yesterday and waiting for it to ship.

Positionally, the rebel should have the passenger sit much lower and closer to the driver than on a CBR?

Welcome sam21!
hello!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think he's referring to the power of the 300 to carry both a rider and passenger.
It'll do it...but it'll do so kinda slowly without much power in reserve.

What's the combined weight of you and your gf?

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
What makes you say so? I bought the oem rear seat yesterday and waiting for it to ship.

Positionally, the rebel should have the passenger sit much lower and closer to the driver than on a CBR?
Well for starters, if you're only planning on having the missus with you on trips of max 30 minutes, then you should be fine. If it's longer, then not so much :p
It's highly uncomfortable to sit on over a longer period of time. And the pegs for the passenger are located rather higher than what pegs "normally" would be, so it's not the most comfy sitting position either.
So while she might be lower and closer to you, it won't be any particularly better in terms of comfort and such. That only helps with the center of gravity.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I think he's referring to the power of the 300 to carry both a rider and passenger.
It'll do it...but it'll do so kinda slowly without much power in reserve.
As a matter of fact I wasn't, didn't think of that aspect.
But yeah, when you mention it..

But, seeing as he's coming from a bike with a 250 engine and already is riding around with a passenger, I don't find it likely that he'll be trying any cross country touring with the bike with a passenger anyway :p
Might just hold up fine.

·
Registered
527 Posts
As a matter of fact I wasn't, didn't think of that aspect.
But yeah, when you mention it..

But, seeing as he's coming from a bike with a 250 engine and already is riding around with a passenger, I don't find it likely that he'll be trying any cross country touring with the bike with a passenger anyway :p
Might just hold up fine.
Good point(s). Last season I was just under 230 lbs and the rebel 300 was just enough for one rider.
I took it for a spin last weekend (new eight of 185 lbs) and felt much more peppier, so the 300 is easily influenced by weight.

And you're on point about being cramped on the back. I'm 5'10" and sat on the back and my knees were pretty high up. Can't imagine anyone over 5'1 - 5-5" would want to be seated back there for more than 30 minutes at a time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good point(s). Last season I was just under 230 lbs and the rebel 300 was just enough for one rider.

I took it for a spin last weekend (new eight of 185 lbs) and felt much more peppier, so the 300 is easily influenced by weight.

And you're on point about being cramped on the back. I'm 5'10" and sat on the back and my knees were pretty high up. Can't imagine anyone over 5'1 - 5-5" would want to be seated back there for more than 30 minutes at a time.

Congrats on the weight loss! Wish I had the determination to drop a few lb's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
Congrats on the weight loss! Wish I had the determination to drop a few lb's.

Thanks, my weight loss was a bit of a double edged sword though. I had to have a hip replacement two months ago, even though i was fit I still wanted to drop a few lbs beforehand to help with recovery. Only 28 years old btw :frown2:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Thanks for the replies, and yes short trips...10 miles MAX

we're pretty small people. i'm 5'7" 180 and shes 5" 110

we used to ride 2up on a 50cc scooter, we KNOW snail pace well lmao, the 300 is a rocket compared
We used to ride two up on our Yamaha 250's because we didn't know we weren't supposed to.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
5"? Just stick her in your pocket! Lol!

lol

Why don't you ride the CBR and your girlfriend rides the rebel?
This is a possibility as well. The CBR is up for sale right now but if I get an offer to trade the CBR for a Grom then that's another possibility as well.

Thanks!

We used to ride two up on our Yamaha 250's because we didn't know we weren't supposed to.
Other countries 2up on much smaller bikes, I think we're spoiled with all the big bikes here in the US haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Groms are really slow. They don't look it though, and for what they cost new you can get a used ninja.
Yeah theyre ridiculously expensive for what they are

For what its worth, if I get a Grom it'd be a trade for my cbr.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Thanks for the replies, and yes short trips...10 miles MAX

we're pretty small people. i'm 5'7" 180 and shes 5" 110

we used to ride 2up on a 50cc scooter, we KNOW snail pace well lmao, the 300 is a rocket compared
What might help is one of the Thailand made rear seats. While they won't be anymore comfortable cushion wise some of them are about twice the height as the stock passenger seat. Which should help with her knees. My wife complains about it the most, with how far up her legs are they tend to get sore and cramp.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts