Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throttle assembly, right mirror and cables and controls got to be replaced. The muffler is scratched so I'm not doing that plus I finally got it sounding right with the drill. The tank is dented so I'll probably try a tank cover from zeed if it's not a risk and just a dent before I commit to a $500 factory tank. Doing a walk around next week. But surprised on how cheap lens covers etc are.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was it just a drop from a parking lot or driveway, or something more? I’m impressed you dented the tank, seeing how it doesn’t really bow outwards, and is really just as narrow as the trellis. Either way, sorry my man.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I was cut off. Dude turned into the center lane. I was Going 20-25 with 1.5 car length gap as i was approaching and going to pass in 2nd gear. Then he changed his mind as I was 20ft away and not only took my lane but my escape path by crossing right in front of me and going over another lane. I didn't hit him but went down. Not sure if it was the bars or my knee that dented the tank but I'd rather cover it if dealer says it's safe. $400++ is a big chunk. Dude took off. Multiple witnesses helped me lift it. Started, runs but not drivable. $75 to tow. $25 to Uber home. I more surprised on how cheap the lens cover and mirror is.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Muffler is fine. I love the sound since I modded it. So I'll either touch it up or put on a straight pipe. Maybe this wouldn't have happened if I was LOUDer.

If the muffler is fine then why did they charge you for a new one? $320.99 !!!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the muffler is fine then why did they charge you for a new one? $320.99 !!!!!
I haven't gone in yet but initially they thought I was going through insurance, so it's about putting it back to perfect original condition at that point. Plus I didn't tell them I drilled it out so maybe they are freaking on the sound. I'm going in next week to go over the necessities. Hopefully no tank. I'm freaking out haven't ridden since Wednesday. How do you guys with winter survive?!?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well glad you're ok. My rule of thumb when riding is act like everybody and their mother is gonna run you over.
I dropped my bike a little over 24mph but that was my fault for taking a turn without looking at the road surface that was covered in sand. My tank is dented as well though not as severe as yours so I'm leaving it as a character mark :grin2:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I look at pictures of my bike ;) and reminisce about the years i spent in AZ and was able to ride everyday.
Crazy hot in the summer with a full face helmet, gloves, pants, boots and some type of jacket. Just the helmet is brutal. I don't know how the bike cops do it here when it's 110.
However, for those courageous enough, AZ doesn't have a helmet law which is why people love to ride here.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap Richard-phx. Glad you are ok though.
Hope you get it completely fixed soon. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That sucks dude, but at least you're okay. Cant believe the size of the dent in the tank, looks like someone took a bat to it. Shame you weren't able to get the plates off the guy who ran off. He should be footing that bill.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The tank looks like it's made of tin foil. I would replace it.
So I'm passing on the tank at $500ish with labor and decided on a tank cover for now... ($100). But they don't have glossy black in stock. So, I'm debating the flat black or white but they won't match my glossy rear black fender and I'm too lazy to remove the taillights to plastidip it matte to match. Thoughts?!? I'd love the flat matte black.

·
Registered
742 Posts
IMO I would replace the tank and not worry about the cover. it'll be wasted money at a later date when the tank is rusting and you need to replace it anyway

1 - 20 of 30 Posts