Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I'm going to be installing the diablo shorty rear fender next weekend (Im up in college right now and go home for Columbus day).

can anyone share some tips or how they did all of the wiring with theirs? also i'm afraid of blowing fuses. where do you get new ones if you do?

Do i need to disconnect my battery? if so how do i do that?

my plan is to use a regular Duracell 9 volt battery to figure out what does what wire does what on the fender and write down what each wire does and then install according to the Maintenance manual which spells out exactly what color wire does what for the tail light system from the bikes side.

any help would be greatly appreciated ! thnks !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you intend to mount some alternative indicators, then only use the brake and running wires for the LED strip.

weird.... i used a 9 volt battery on my fender wires just to see what would be energized and the yellow is actually the left turn signal for me and green is the right turn signal.

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
weird.... i used a 9 volt battery on my fender wires just to see what would be energized and the yellow is actually the left turn signal for me and green is the right turn signal.
Maybe the way the LED is orientated on the fender.
I’ve just cross referenced with my diagrams and another from this site, I think I’m still correct, my bad if I am wrong..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the diagram. For me the Turn signal lights were to Dim so I purchased two LED lights that I mounted on the side how do I integrate these LED lights to the current configuration coming out of the LED lights is a red and black wire

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
since they're on the rear the only function is for turn signals, not running lights. so black is most likely ground wire and attaches to green honda wire, and red is for the indicator.
if Twizz' drawing is correct, and i believe it is if memory serves when I rewired mine, you want the right side red wire to match the blue honda wire, and the left side red wire to match the orange honda wire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts