Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a total novice, just got my Rebel about 2 months ago and have been looking over all the options for saddlebags. I really love the clean look of the bike so I don't want anything big and bulky to mess up the lines and I like the old school look so was thinking of going with something like the bags below but am not sure how to go about mounting them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Apart from getting two frames - from where I know not - you could get somebody to stitch them together using a piece of old school leather. Large enough to go over the rear fender/mudguard or seat. If you have a rack the joining piece could be anchored to the rack. I’m not sure how they would keep on the sides other than using clasps/buckles/d rings.

I believe Givi make pannier frames. So too Pyramid Plastics.

Sorry I can‘t be of more help.

How about this?

Customacces Leather Saddlebags Supports | Black | Honda CMX 500 Rebel 2017>

https://customacces.com/uploads/products/1095380/KF0003/mounting-instructions.pdf

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a strong possibility, thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Cut holes in the back and ude the fender bolts to screw them right into the fender.
That’s a good idea. You will need some shoulder washers like the image below. You can get them in all sizes and materials from steel to nylon and in various depths to the shoulder. Punch holes with a leather punch or similar to match the diameter of the shoulder and then place a plain washer over the shoulder and it will keep them tight and stop them from ripping. Best with a deep shoulder.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Those bags look similar to the ones on my bike ... I've attached photos to show how mine are installed. Things to consider: the outside plates have holes to adjust the height since you may need to elevate your bags from the tires/chain/exhaust, and the metal plate inside gives rigidity; And you'll need to get longer bolts to attach it to the fender. Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, that sounds like a plan man

1 - 9 of 9 Posts