Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm interested in getting a custom exhaust built for my Rebel 500. I sent a picture to a local shop and they're asking if I want straight pipes with no mufflers and I'm not exactly sure what this means as I am not to knowledgeable on these things. I've read that running straights pipes can reduce power and what not. My question is how should I approach getting this style of exhaust done.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
So I'm interested in getting a custom exhaust built for my Rebel 500. I sent a picture to a local shop and they're asking if I want straight pipes with no mufflers and I'm not exactly sure what this means as I am not to knowledgeable on these things. I've read that running straights pipes can reduce power and what not. My question is how should I approach getting this style of exhaust done.
So your pic is Vance and Hines Twin Slash slip on exhaust for the Yamaha bolt. There are indeed mufflers on this bike, they are just short and straight. I'm not sure where you are but it is illegal in most places (in the U.S.) not to have a muffler on any vehicle. I love the looks of Vance and Hines stuff but our motors are built differently and would look completely different than this. Some things to consider is how low and wide do you want the pipes to sit. We already have a slight obstruction on the right side in the clutch assembly cover. Bottom line: Love the idea but don't let them hack it up. Have them draw it out and really think about it beforehand. And you should definitely put mufflers on even if they have removable baffles, you can change it up when you want to get a little loud but keep it mostly legal most of the time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put on shortys its loud but sounds great
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts