Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just bought the new Rebel 500 but is struggling to get his long legs up on the foot rests, any after market extensions available to Help eliminate his problem

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Harley,

I had the same problem as your friend and found that by adding 3 inches of foam to the OEM seat I was elevated enough to pick up my feet from the ground and put them on the pegs. I have just over 8000 miles since I changed the seat height and I am quite satisfied with my Rebel.

You can do a search on here for forward pegs and some of the guys have had success with them.

Kenny G

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have a neoprene foam pad raising the seat height. It is held on with neoprene sheet (it is not pretty...). I have just received some thinner neoprene foam to fit as a final top layer to stop me sliding forward sometimes. You could probably add 2" somehow, following the shape of the seat on the underside.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have them and they are nice. They do make the bike a little more roomy. After seeing Odin work out some highway pegs I started looking at the problem he ran into more closely. I took off the forward controls and built a bracket for highway pegs out of wood and aluminum. I brought it to a fabricator so it could be made in steel. I should get the prototype back next week or 2. I’m back to the stock setup and feel more crunched again but I like to move around when I’m riding and just changing to forward doesn’t add that option. Short answer is yes they are nice and give you more room but no they were not my final solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts