Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some new turn signals and installed them yesterday. I got them completely wired up and they worked and everything was great. Then T remember that the turn signals I bought have different settings for you to choose how the signal illuminates. You chose the setting by rubbing a magnet on the side of the light while the blinker is activated and it goes to the next signal flashing pattern, well when I did this to the right front blinker the light flashed and shut off. I did it to the left front (stupid me, i know) and that one flashed to and shut off, now neither of the blinkers work lol. I checked all the fuses and I had just installed a brand new relay, I took out the brand new relay and put back in the old one and they still didn't work, thinking maybe I had burnt out the new one or something. Today after work I'm going to actually replace all the fuses but I inspected them pretty well with a flashlight and didn't see any that were blown. I even swapped each one out individually with the one spare I have of each kind in the fuse box.

Any help would be great. this is the brand of light that I bought. ( X-Arc Lights - the brightest LED Brake lights, turn signals, tail lights ) I'm hoping I'm just missing a blown fuse but if that's not the case what else should I do. They worked completely fine and i just had to go messing with it again, classic me.

I Actually have the same signals installed on the rear of the bike and they work perfectly fine, I changed the settings with the magnet when i first got them and now I'm afraid to test them to see if they'll do this also, lol.

·
Registered
119 Posts
STRANGE light that's for sure.
I'm guessing there is a problem with the lights themselves, not wiring or fuses.
Why are you blaming your setup when it worked BEFORE you tried to reprogram with the magnet?

Also I'm guessing one of the programmed setups is to not be running lights and just blinkers.
So have you checked this, and have you tired the magnet to try and advance to the next setup?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
STRANGE light that's for sure.
I'm guessing there is a problem with the lights themselves, not wiring or fuses.
Why are you blaming your setup when it worked BEFORE you tried to reprogram with the magnet?

Also I'm guessing one of the programmed setups is to not be running lights and just blinkers.
So have you checked this, and have you tired the magnet to try and advance to the next setup?
the lights have a wire for running lights, a ground wire and the turn signal wire and they worked completely fine. and yes I've rubbed the magnet on it for like 20 minutes felt like i was trying to summon a genie.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve seen those lights before. The spot where the magnet goes isn’t huge, you can’t just put the magnet anywhere in the light and think it’ll work. Double check that you have the magnet in the right spot then leave it in place while you turn your signal on and off, that should get you to next setting on the light.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve seen those lights before. The spot where the magnet goes isn’t huge, you can’t just put the magnet anywhere in the light and think it’ll work. Double check that you have the magnet in the right spot then leave it in place while you turn your signal on and off, that should get you to next setting on the light.
Trust me I've got that part down, I was looking at the diagram on their web page while doing it, and I have the lights on the rear that I've reprogrammed multiple times.

I got a response from the company yesterday super nice and great to deal with, they said this has only happened to 3-4 people out of the 10,000 they've sold so they're updating all their current products with some new delay feature for the voltage or like that. They're actually sending me the new today and told me to mail back the old ones as soon as i get the new ones, (which I've never had a company mail me the new product first before receiving old one, pretty awesome!) Pretty happy i didn't do anything wrong and mess them up but I'm bummed I have to re wire them again, fml.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts