Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Honda Rebel 500 ABS 2 weeks ago. I have noticed that in the owners manual, that there is supposed to be an ABS light that turns on when I turn on my bike. But my odometer doesn't show the light nor can I see a section for the light. I called my dealership but because they are closed on Sundays and I won't be able to visit them until next week and they said they needed to take a look at it. Does anyone else have an ABS model where the odometer doesn't show the ABS light or did I get the wrong odometer put on mine?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just got my Honda Rebel 500 ABS 2 weeks ago. I have noticed that in the owners manual, that there is supposed to be an ABS light that turns on when I turn on my bike. But my odometer doesn't show the light nor can I see a section for the light. I called my dealership but because they are closed on Sundays and I won't be able to visit them until next week and they said they needed to take a look at it. Does anyone else have an ABS model where the odometer doesn't show the ABS light or did I get the wrong odometer put on mine?

So far mine shows up. I’ll post a link to a video of where it’s at. Gimme 10 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here is the link to the video. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much! I really hope that there was just a mixup with my speedometer and not that the dealership tried to pull a fast one on me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whenever you get a chance, do you mind taking a picture of your Speedometer when it is off while using the flash on your phone/camera?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And I'll make sure to keep you updated on the situation. By the way, the videos on your channel have helped a bunch!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Turns out that I was given the wrong speedometer. The original one that came with my bike was fogged and scratched so the dealer decided to swap it with another but didn't check to make sure it was an ABS model. They are ordering a new one and swapping it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My brand new 2018 ABS Rebel 500a - does the same thing

I just got my 2018 Honda Rebel 500A delivered last Saturday and my speedometer also does NOT show the ABS light at all. Talked to my dealer and they claimed all they did was swap the lens out on the speedometer due to scratches that everything else on the speedometer is the original one that came with the bike. I have tried to tell them they cannot swap a lens from a non ABS 500 to a 500 with ABS. They claim that isn't the deal. So I am waiting to see what they tell me next. This is really sad and sad that some dealers are inexperienced working on the newer Rebels. I hope this gets fixed PDQ cause I want to ride my new Rebel ASAP in between cold snaps here in KS

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just got my 2018 Honda Rebel 500A delivered last Saturday and my speedometer also does NOT show the ABS light at all. Talked to my dealer and they claimed all they did was swap the lens out on the speedometer due to scratches that everything else on the speedometer is the original one that came with the bike. I have tried to tell them they cannot swap a lens from a non ABS 500 to a 500 with ABS. They claim that isn't the deal. So I am waiting to see what they tell me next. This is really sad and sad that some dealers are inexperienced working on the newer Rebels. I hope this gets fixed PDQ cause I want to ride my new Rebel ASAP in between cold snaps here in KS

Dang. Hope it gets worked out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, they are wanting to come back and pick the bike back up and take it back to the shop. They think that it probably is just the speedometer lens was swapped out with a non-abs bike and that is why I don't see the ABS Light. So they have ordered a new lens and it should be fixed by just that but they want the bike to just make sure things are right. They talked to Honda and were told they have not had any issues reported with the ABS system or indicators so we are hoping it is just the lens situation and nothing else. So making progress just wish it wasn't going to be so nice this weekend cause I could have been out riding. Oh well....better get it right then not have the bike the way it is supposed to be. Thanks again for your post and help!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts