Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. I don't see any on my Rebel 300 or any mounting points for it.
You can either buy a lock that will mount to the frame/handle bars, or one that's built into a license plate frame.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Honda makes one for the handlebars. But it hasn't been release outside of Thailand yet.
But you can get any universal one for 1" handle bars and it would do the same as the Honda one for probably a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yep, I bought that one too... Just need to get some longer bolts, as the ones that came with it aren't long enough to mount through the rubber grommets, and don't have a large enough head to mount without the grommets in place.

·
Registered
814 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've been using an old pistol cable lock from day 1 and it works great. I run the cable through the D Ring on my helmet and then run it around the bar behind the seat. The helmet can hang off to the side or I can bungee the helmet to my fender rack. The cable is insulated so it doesn't mess with the paint. If you're a gun guy you probably have one sitting in a drawer somewhere. If not, you can get a decent gun lock from Amazon for less than 10 dollars.

-CG

·
Registered
172 Posts
I use a heavy duty bicycle cable lock wrapped around the handle bar mounts and when I lock my helmet I pass it threw the helmet. I’ve know my people get there expensive or new helmets stolen off regular helmet locks. Punks cut the strap at the D ring. This way there’s no way.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
I use a heavy duty bicycle cable lock wrapped around the handle bar mounts and when I lock my helmet I pass it threw the helmet. I’ve know my people get there expensive or new helmets stolen off regular helmet locks. Punks cut the strap at the D ring. This way there’s no way.
I’ve got an Abus cable lock which I use for my helmet or back wheel, but what about an expensive open face lid?

·
Registered
869 Posts
I always prefer a cable lock going through the face section of the helmet. and with this bike it's real easy to position the cable around any part of the frame. for me i just leave helmet on the seat and run it through the section just behind.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use a cable lock that came with one of my guns. I hang the helmet visor side up on the right foot peg, loop the cable through the open visor and the hole in the rear brake pedal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts