Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I only wear a helmet in jurisdictions that require it so it is not very often I have to be burdened. Since the Rebel doesn't come with a helmet lock I found a small combination cable lock to keep honest people honest. The lock fits perfectly in the strapping of my LS2 Rebellion Helmet for storage and I can lock the helmet to my rear rack with the helmet either perched on the taillight or on the rack it self. It really doesn't matter how heavy a lock and/or cable you use...if someone wants to take it they will take it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
@rws is right, if people want something bad enough they'll always find a way. since I have saddle bags I keep a cable lock inside , and when i want to lock my helmet instead of carrying it, I run the cable through the frame and then through the opening in the helmet itself.
my only problem with the D-ring idea is that anyone with a pair of scissors (ie-a Jerk) can cut the strap and get away with the helmet. all you'll be left with is a shiny D-ring attached to your helmet lock :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts