Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all!

Joining the Rebel fam. Finally picked up my very first bike today! 2020 Honda Rebel 300 ABS! 馃枻
Purchased it mid-March but with the pandemic and ordered accessories everything got delayed.

I had the following accessories installed:
Side Tank & Tank Pad
Fork Boot & Cover Kit
Headlight Cowl
T Rex Racing Engine Guard Crash Cages
T Rex Exhaust Slider

Looking to get comfortable with it this week so I can ride it to work 馃 So far I'm enjoying it! Never thought I'd own a cruiser than a sports bike.

Registered
Looks great! I really wanted Black for my back but they only come in Black on the 300 or the US version which is silly. I actually came very close to swapping the tank and fender to black ones. Enjoy your bike!

Registered
A lovely looking bike. I was tempted to go for the one with the cowl and gaiters but opted for the bare bones version because I wanted gloss black.

Enjoy your journeys.

:)

Registered
#jelly

I'm in Richmond HIll. Bought my Rebel 500 in Feb at the MC show.
Only picked it up May 22nd
This is my first bike. Was supposed to get my M2 in April but die to COVID I am SOL. Bike now in garage with less then 2km on it gathering dust.

:(

Also love the cowl.
Just finished ordering the GIVI engine guards.

Registered
#jelly

This is my first bike. Was supposed to get my M2 in April but die to COVID I am SOL. Bike now in garage with less then 2km on it gathering dust.

Also love the cowl.
M2 is part of the motorcycle licensing process?

In BC, it鈥檚 not as complicated. Complete the knowledge test yo get your learners permit. Need to be accompanied by a person with a motorcycle license while riding. MST also known as the motorcycle safety test. It鈥檚 a riding skills test executed in a parking lot testing your ability through the following skills - slow riding, high speed controlled stop, slow U turn, slow speed slalom. As easy as it sounds.....it鈥檚 much more difficult than it sounds. The final test is the road test which is typically easier than the MST.

Oh yes, all this has to be completed within a year from the day you pass your knowledge test. If not, you鈥檒l be required to start all over starting with the knowledge test.

Registered
And I love the cowl
M2 is part of the motorcycle licensing process?

In BC, it鈥檚 not as complicated. Complete the knowledge test yo get your learners permit. Need to be accompanied by a person with a motorcycle license while riding. MST also known as the motorcycle safety test. It鈥檚 a riding skills test executed in a parking lot testing your ability through the following skills - slow riding, high speed controlled stop, slow U turn, slow speed slalom. As easy as it sounds.....it鈥檚 much more difficult than it sounds. The final test is the road test which is typically easier than the MST.

Oh yes, all this has to be completed within a year from the day you pass your knowledge test. If not, you鈥檒l be required to start all over starting with the knowledge test.
We have graduated license.General summary.
M1 is written. You can ride with some restrictions. However really no company insures you.
You need to get an the next level within 90 days
M2 achieved after passing a ride test. Most restrictions removed. Insurance issued and on the road on our way.Can't get the full license for another 200+ days.
M license issued after another test.
be required to start all over starting with the knowledge test
The above is similar to ON process

accompanied by a person with a motorcycle license while riding
How is this done. As a passenger or on another bike? I don't see what the other rider can do while on the road. In a car as you are learning and having a experienced driver makes sense. But I don't know about on a bike. Also anyone I know who rides does not live close to me. So this will never happen.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
#jelly

Also love the cowl.
Too bad I missed the MC show. Was looking forward to the April one but that obviously didn't happen. Did you do the course? I did mine last year but it was late summer so I didn't get a bike. Our government is slowly opening alot of places so hopefully they open the drivetest centres soon! Where did you get the GIVI? I dropped mine on day 2 lol

Registered
My lessons was scheduled for mid April. But as you can assume they were cancelled.

So now I have a bike which I can't ride but decided to practice getting in gear. In my U turn back I dropped it. Less then 2 km on the dial.

Luckily just small scuffs.

Don't have the Givi guards on as no one has it in stock. But just hesitantly ordered then off of eBay last night. Seller says they have in stock. So crossing my fingers. Won't get back on until I get them or get proper lessons.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Registered
Too bad I missed the MC show. Was looking forward to the April one but that obviously didn't happen. Did you do the course? I did mine last year but it was late summer so I didn't get a bike. Our government is slowly opening alot of places so hopefully they open the drivetest centres soon! Where did you get the GIVI? I dropped mine on day 2 lol
I hope you weren鈥檛 hurt when you dropped your Rebel 300. Expecting your T-Rex engine guard took the blunt of fall with some minor scratches.

Take care and stay safe!

Registered
Hey y'all!

Joining the Rebel fam. Finally picked up my very first bike today! 2020 Honda Rebel 300 ABS! 馃枻
Purchased it mid-March but with the pandemic and ordered accessories everything got delayed.

I had the following accessories installed:
Side Tank & Tank Pad
Fork Boot & Cover Kit
Headlight Cowl
T Rex Racing Engine Guard Crash Cages
T Rex Exhaust Slider

Looking to get comfortable with it this week so I can ride it to work 馃 So far I'm enjoying it! Never thought I'd own a cruiser than a sports bike.

View attachment 31986

View attachment 31987
First of all congrats, it looks great. I got a question, With all tax and licensing, how much did you purchase the bike for. I want to get one so would be great if u answered

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
First of all congrats, it looks great. I got a question, With all tax and licensing, how much did you purchase the bike for. I want to get one so would be great if u answered
Hey! Thank you! I paid under 8k includes the ~$90 licensing fee and all the accessories mentioned.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts