Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am a new rider at the age of 50.
I took the training course last fall and bought my 2019 Rebel 500 in November. I looked a bunch of bikes, but I didn't want a really powerful bike for my first and I really liked how the Rebel felt when I sat on it. I have been able to finally take it out a few times, over the last month, just to practise more and to get more comfortable with the bike.

I have already added saddlebags and a windscreen.

I definitely will have questions for the more experienced Rebel owners.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello everyone. I am a new rider at the age of 50.
I took the training course last fall and bought my 2019 Rebel 500 in November. I looked a bunch of bikes, but I didn't want a really powerful bike for my first and I really liked how the Rebel felt when I sat on it. I have been able to finally take it out a few times, over the last month, just to practise more and to get more comfortable with the bike.

I have already added saddlebags and a windscreen.

I definitely will have questions for the more experienced Rebel owners.
Carl, if you don't mind, could you tell us about your windscreen? Which brand and model, install problems, and how it is working out for you. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Carl, if you don't mind, could you tell us about your windscreen? Which brand and model, install problems, and how it is working out for you. Thanks
I went with the PUIG Naked New Generation Touring windscreen and so far I am very happy with it. I looked at other windscreens, but I didn't want a style that secured to my handlebars, as I already have other accessories bolted on to it. Since PUIG is a well know European brand, I knew the quality would be good. Installation was very easy and only took about 20 minutes. Nothing needed to be modified and it secures to your bike with only two bolts. Just need to follow the instructions and you can't mess up. I went with the Smoke colour, but you can get Clear, Dark Smoke or Black.

There is a Sport model and it mounts the same way, but it is just lower.

I haven't had the bike on the highway yet, so I can't comment how well the windscreen works at those speeds.

Installed on my bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome.
Got my 2020 from the Toronto MC show in Feb.
Its held up in a storage somewhere riding out the pandemic. Still haven't ridden it.
Hope to see you on the road someday. Hopefully the weather also gets better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome.
Got my 2020 from the Toronto MC show in Feb.
Its held up in a storage somewhere riding out the pandemic. Still haven't ridden it.
Hope to see you on the road someday. Hopefully the weather also gets better.
I have been out riding a bit this year. Have only put around 400km on it to date. Hoping to get out on a longer ride this weekend.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So have the bike. Got it May 22.
But couldn't get license.
Got license June 18 (kinda) COVID has made things a little more complicated.

Nonetheless only have ~150km. Today first time getting out of neighborhood.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts