Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago I put a deposit for a brand new 2020 Honda Rebel 500, unfortunately I’m unsure when I’ll get it due to this COVID-19. This will be my first motorcycle. I’m super excited, maybe a little too excited as I’ve already ordered a bunch of aftermarket parts 😜
I’ll be sure to post before and after pictures. Great community here!

ZR2Paul

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Modding the Rebel 500 can get addictive...there are so many great aftermarket parts out there.
Tell me about it! My basement is full of parts and I don’t even have a bike yet 😂

·
Registered
38 Posts
From waterloo - It's nice that there's really as much aftermarket parts as there is, for such a 'new' bike...but I wish they weren't so expensive, or have to be imported from thailand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
About a week ago I put a deposit for a brand new 2020 Honda Rebel 500, unfortunately I’m unsure when I’ll get it due to this COVID-19. This will be my first motorcycle. I’m super excited, maybe a little too excited as I’ve already ordered a bunch of aftermarket parts 😜
I’ll be sure to post before and after pictures. Great community here!

ZR2Paul
Same boat but with 300! Paid for deposit early March then the shop closed. My bike was also delayed longer because I ordered a few accessories and some shipped from the states. I am getting mine tom! Wished it was today but they're closed. Beautiful weather to ride! Hope you get yours soon!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same boat but with 300! Paid for deposit early March then the shop closed. My bike was also delayed longer because I ordered a few accessories and some shipped from the states. I am getting mine tom! Wished it was today but they're closed. Beautiful weather to ride! Hope you get yours soon!
Congrats Missylemon ... I'm loving the bike as I'm sure you will too! I bought mine in Barrie, picked it up last Thursday. Drove home (King) in a bit of rain (my luck!) and I took it out for a couple morning rides over the weekend....was cold riding! LOL. I'm still waiting for a bunch of stuff to arrive. So far all I have installed is the GP exhaust tip, battery charger and the front cowl. When I bring back my bike for the first service in a couple of weeks I'll have the adjustable levers installed, and the fork covers. Sometime between now and then I'll hopefully have my side bags and belly pan installed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome Paul. I managed to pick up two new bikes when the shop were allowed to open last week.

Parts? Don't tell me about it! I have got too many that I need to get rid of going way back to my Honda 919/Hornet 900.

Be Good and take care.
:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey. Where did you order the bike from? Online or a dealership? I'm down in Etobicoke and hopefully going to get the wheels in motion soon. I had planned on getting the M1>M2 this year after my trip to England in February. I landed back in early March then the world ended...been waiting for the Drive Test centres to open since... lol. Definitely sold on getting the 2020 Rebel 500.

Any opinions of must-have upgrades when I eventually can pull the trigger? - happy riding bro.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey. Where did you order the bike from? Online or a dealership? I'm down in Etobicoke and hopefully going to get the wheels in motion soon. I had planned on getting the M1>M2 this year after my trip to England in February. I landed back in early March then the world ended...been waiting for the Drive Test centres to open since... lol. Definitely sold on getting the 2020 Rebel 500.

Any opinions of must-have upgrades when I eventually can pull the trigger? - happy riding bro.
Hey Bud...I bought from Barrie Honda Powersports ... talk to Sid. He was awesome to deal with and very patient with me as a first time buyer.
Sid Butler
Barrie Honda Powerhouse
[email protected]
Direct Line : 705-797-5081
Telephone: 705-797-2006 ext. 4450
Fax: 705-725-8717
If you plan to drive on highways I suggest getting a good windshield. I have the sport cowl and it does nothing for wind other than direct it to your neck. I upgraded the seat and got the fork covers. I also added the battery charger connection. The exhaust I removed and added the GP shorty. Fun bike for country roads and the city. I personally don’t like the feel once I hit 100kmh ... too much wind. I plan to get a windshield for long rides.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the info. I spent half hour at the one on College St in Toronto yesterday and sat on the 500. I really liked the feel of it. I've definitely read that the seat should be upgraded and the exhaust too. I'm on the fence about the windshield, which is why I asked really. It takes away from the look in my opinion, but I also agree having strong wind in your face for the whole time you're on the highway can't be fun. Definitely gonna get the charger added. Thanks again!

I hear the DriveTest centres are open from tomorrow so gonna finally bang through my M1 this week I hope :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Bud...I bought from Barrie Honda Powersports ... talk to Sid. He was awesome to deal with and very patient with me as a first time buyer.

If you plan to drive on highways I suggest getting a good windshield. I have the sport cowl and it does nothing for wind other than direct it to your neck. I upgraded the seat and got the fork covers. I also added the battery charger connection. The exhaust I removed and added the GP shorty. Fun bike for country roads and the city. I personally don’t like the feel once I hit 100kmh ... too much wind. I plan to get a windshield for long rides.

Hey paul, you've got the right idea about a windscreen. I got myself a memphis shades big shot screen, and it makes a world and a half of difference. I'm 5'10/9''ish (somewhere in there) and the big shot is literally almost too big. The pop top or speed demon might be a bit better for someone even an inch shorter, to prevent serious wind buffeting issues. But I digress - After putting on the screen, and finally getting it tweaked properly....I've though before about attempting an IBA saddle sore, and with this setup, I think i might actually be able to do it. It helps IMMENSLY.

For seats, I recommend the Mustang solo tripper. Between the windscreen, the H2C risers, and my mustang seat, I can easily do multiple hour long trips without being crippled by back pain (I've an issue with a buldge on L5 disc). Just the other weekend, I spent a good 5 hours out on the road, and it felt like I'd only been out for an hour when I was done (went from waterloo, to guelph, to brantford, beck to guelph and too the long way back to waterloo).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts