Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm a new owner of a used '17 Rebel 500 with 1,900 miles. I'd been looking at them since the 2017 redesign, and really loved the look of the bike. Being "thrifty", and with a tendency toward squirreling away money rather than spend it, it's taken me three years to find a used one near enough to me to pull the trigger on. It's also been about 20 years since I've ridden a bike daily, so I've had to convince my wife that I'm not too old to stay alive on a bike. I hope to retake the motorcycle safety class this summer - my last one was about 33 years ago!

Love the bike, and enjoy seeing/hearing how everyone uses, modifies, and works on theirs!
Good health,
Matt
Photo on 5-15-20 at 4.33 PM.jpg

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have the ’19 rebel 500 . I’m 2 years older than you . I sold the Vance and Hines exhaust and went back to stock .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet! Really like the star, the headlight grill and the fork boots. I'm planning on the last two for my bike as well, and possibly a new double seat with a rear rack - make hauling some gear a bit easier. I'm fine with stock exhaust too - I like the bike quiet. It is super fat though, it's a big can muffler... Thanks for sharing, sweet looking bike!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Thanks, love it so far!
What do you ride?
some people (like me) have bikes listed in their signature. but you can also click on the picture above my username and on the new page hit showcase, it has pix of my bikes!
for reference I also have the same 2017 rebel, but in silver. love the bike since i bought it new in Feb of '18 (leftover model)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great looking bikes! Thanks for pointing out the showcase link, I didn't know. I'll post more after i get fork boots and headlight grill. Thanks again - Matt

·
Registered
2019 500 Rebel
27 Posts
Hi Matt
Like you I'm just back to riding after a 20 year brake.
About 2 years in and would highly recommend a safety course. It's amazing how much you forget and how many idiot's are on the road now. I now ride daily a honda 110 Postie bike as a Postie and the rebel.
There a great daily ride.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your post - I do intend to sign up for a safety class this summer. The one nearest me hasn't been scheduled yet because of the pandemic situation, but I am looking forward to retaking it. In my original class we did all kinds of swerving, ran over some obstacles etc., and it will definitely help me to resharpen my skills. With phones as common as they are now, I definitely want to have my head in the game when I'm on the road!

I was unfamiliar with the term Postie, but looked it up - very cool. So far I've been enjoying the Rebel quite a bit. We only have about 4 - 5 months of really good riding weather, so I'm just planning on using it for short, warm-weather commutes. Thanks for your welcome!
Safe travels,
Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts