Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

Checking in from the south east.

Recently purchased my Rebel 500. Have already put 650 miles on the clock and am absolutely loving it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I guess by now you have a really good feel for the bike, unless you didn't get to stretch it out as much as i'm assuming.

Did you manage to find any areas Honda can improve on or are you content with the Rebel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi St.Rebel

I am indeed getting a feel for the bike, and slowly starting to push it further. I wanted to run it in a bit before i push to much though. The bike rides great, smooth and comfortable.
At first it felt a little sluggish, but the more i wear it in the more this bike shines. At the moment my only niggle is the size of the tank. I use the bike to get to work on most days and am finding i am in the petrol station pretty often.

I will say this though, since owning the bike i have had numerous people come up to me and say how nice it looks, it seems to be a real crowd-pleaser and i can see why.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi St.Rebel

I am indeed getting a feel for the bike, and slowly starting to push it further. I wanted to run it in a bit before i push to much though. The bike rides great, smooth and comfortable.
At first it felt a little sluggish, but the more i wear it in the more this bike shines. At the moment my only niggle is the size of the tank. I use the bike to get to work on most days and am finding i am in the petrol station pretty often.

I will say this though, since owning the bike i have had numerous people come up to me and say how nice it looks, it seems to be a real crowd-pleaser and i can see why.
This bike, least where I live, draws allot of attention. Its new, new design, people get interested. lol. And most people are used to the ancient rebel 250. lol. The styling is what most people seem interested, they love it. Its different. Especially where I live. About 100 riders where I live, and about 95% are Harley touring bikes. Though they are nice, too common, they all look the bloody same. Yea, big engine, overly loud exhaust or even too much! And about everyone I talk to hate driving their bike around the city/town. lol.

Personally, I'm gonna have two bikes. I'm keeping the rebel for the quick runs in town, coffee etc, meets. Eventually I'll move up to a bigger bike more for the highway (not a touring bike) for the long trips. But that's about a year or two away. Just started riding, gonna be happy with the rebel for a bit until I gets some experience under me, or simply get bord to the point where a 2nd bike is a must. lol. Won't bother selling or trading it in, its a 300cc only paid $4700 CAD for it, won't get much back on it. Especially with the kms I seem to be racking up on it. lol. 2000kms - 1242 miles in under a month. lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Hi St.Rebel

Hi St.Rebel
I'm from the UK too but living in Thailand.
I get the same response from people here about the Rebels looks.
It's not the most beautiful of machines but seems to turn people's heads, and over here a lot of folk hate big superbikes.
So I think it's congratulations to Honda's new concept.

Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts