Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Semi new Rebel owner here. I got my back on October 25 and already have 900 miles on her.

Got the 500... already looking on changing some things on it. Looking to invert the mirrors and change out the exhaust.

Had a bike before... was in an accident about two years ago on my first bike. Lil' V-Star 250... was laid out. Broke my tib/fib/femur in a couple of places/ rib/ something in the collar area. Went head on with a truck that crossed over the double line and left me for dead. Hit and run.... gotta love those drivers.

Love it but about 2-3 weeks in I wanted something stronger but not that much. I'm just shy of 5'1" so getting something that is low to the ground is a must. I've always loved the older style of the rebels and cruisers in general but love this new body style . I have so many people coming up taking a look at the bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Welcome :smile2:
Glad you were able to live to tell the tale. Can't imagine something like that even...
The Rebel is a neat bike, and even if it doesn't have that little extra, it's still able to perform at just about anything you throw at it :grin2:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and am happy to hear you're back on the road after your accident. I'm confident the Rebel will give you a lot of fun moments for many many miles, and the confidence to handle whatever the road "throws" at you.

I also love the attention from people who come up, or open a window at a junction and compliment or ask questions. Did a 200km ride today on mixed highway and rural roads, with a bit of weight on the rear end (about 8kg), and the ride was superb. I love that I can cruise at about 100kph, and overtake if I need to without thinking about power reserve. Bike is stable, friendly and easy to operate.

Hope you enjoy your little red star for many miles to come!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts