Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, folks, I'm coming from Radovljica, Slovenia. On two wheels since 1981 at my sixteen with longer pause till 2008 (it must be midage crisis:laugh:). It was lots of motorcycles since then, right now I have Yamaha Virago 250, little bit changed, to be right for my rather big statue. In spring I came by Rebel 500 test motor, tried it, and... I was hooked. So I arranged to pick up this same bike after dealer deregister it in end of this month; Yea, this summer was very long and still have to wait a week or so:frown2:
Here is quick pix with my wifey, when it was "mine"...

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome Rupert.

You are a very silly man for letting the Mrs even sit on your bike. :wink2:

Maybe a good excuse to buy another one for yourself!

Cheers

Jim
Eeeerrr, she's also rider, sooo, maybe somewhere in future... she will get her own. Ok, she prefer 300, but they don't sell them here (she is still novice rider), But on the other hand, she managed 1200 km three days ride recently including Stelvio and Gavia pass:grin2:
This pic of her was taken by pro...

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome Rupert. I think the best way to "unhook" your wife from your Rebel is to let her ride in the passenger seat for a few hundred km. I'm positive she'll ask for her own lil Rebel and leave yours alone ;)

Safe rides and enjoy the rest of the summer

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

·
Registered
176 Posts
Great choice on the Rebel 500 because with those CC's you'll be well setup for years of enjoyment. Coming from a 250 probably helped in that since I noticed that most first time owners/riders go for the 300 instead.

were you looking at reviews of the 300 and 500 before making the purchase by any chance?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually, I degraded pretty steep, two years ago my ride was BMW R1150 RS, and since wifey was put to pension (due her accident) and our income was instantly significantly lower and if we want still ride, Bimmer has to go aand I picked one more Virago for me (maintenance dirt cheap, tires for both rides even cheaper than set for Bimmer, and servo ABS unit started acting up:frown2:). In those years things settles down, we get used to current finances, it comes to that I could afford a new ride:laugh:. I have looked two rides, one was Royal Enfield Classic (unfortunately Slovene dealer couldn't get single one till now), this was my first choise and then they came up with Rebel. Here only option is 500 and when I tried it out, I found that it can give me all I need in motorcycling- is more than capable (legal!) highway speeds and very agile in twisties, all this combined with economity (for 200km I spent little more than 6litres of fuel:grin2:).
Only good is that we have all september rain, since I have to wait till end of month:frown2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts