Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there.

Rode mine off the Hondo Motorsports Reno dealer floor in 2017, 500ABS. I love it. My second bike, I started with an old '87 250. (Got my "M" class in 2015 or so. Only regret is that I didn't do it 20 years earlier.

It's got the guest seat and saddlebag frame, and it took me about 3 hours of tearing my hair out before I just went with doing the Viking saddlebag saddle under the guest seat. Also a windshield - some of those Nevada winds, with my old 250 felt like it wanted to rip my head off. :)

And I'm about to do my first battery recharge (or maybe replacement, we'll see.)

Did any of you do the recall fuel something thing? It seemed to be a California thing, and it would mean me riding over an hour to Reno for the work then sitting around. Nobody here in Fallon does the recall work.

Grand day to y'all.

·
Registered
917 Posts
welcome! hope you enjoy the new ride.
I did not have the recall you're probably talking about since my bike is NOT the california emission model , so does not have the EVAP canister

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome! hope you enjoy the new ride.
I did not have the recall you're probably talking about since my bike is NOT the california emission model , so does not have the EVAP canister
Yeah, mine probably is, what with living on the Nevada side of the Sierras. :) If I lived in Reno maybe I would, be a lot more convenient and they do some kind of emissions testing there, but out here in the country? Seems kind of more effort than it's worth.

I did notice after I got the 600 mile dealer oil/filter change, it seemed to sound a little rougher, run a touch less efficiently - my MPG dropped a bit. Wonder if they did anything to cause that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello fellow Nevadan makabet,

Well, next door neighbor practically. Welcome to the club. Maybe we can get together and ride sometime :)
Being a city bike and having the interstate and wide open highways, just to get to any "City Riding" can be tiring with the bike's vibration and seat.
So what, I say. I still feel it's worth it. I ride to Tahoe, Virginia City, Reno, Carson, Sacramento. I certainly don't treat my rebel as a "City Bike", though, admittedly, I changed the seat long ago.

I hope you enjoy your Rebel as much as I have. See you on the road!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello fellow Nevadan makabet,

Well, next door neighbor practically. Welcome to the club. Maybe we can get together and ride sometime :)
Being a city bike and having the interstate and wide open highways, just to get to any "City Riding" can be tiring with the bike's vibration and seat.
So what, I say. I still feel it's worth it. I ride to Tahoe, Virginia City, Reno, Carson, Sacramento. I certainly don't treat my rebel as a "City Bike", though, admittedly, I changed the seat long ago.

I hope you enjoy your Rebel as much as I have. See you on the road!
Hey there.

I remember on my old 250, when I was still a new-ish rider, housemate and some friends got me to go with them...

down 6 Mile Canyon Road. Was nearly wearing my brown trousers, I'll tell you.

Would like to do that again sometime. Farm life and landlording of older properties makes scheduling a little tweaky sometimes.

Maybe meet up at Middlegate sometime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts