Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! My name is Kelvin. I had just recently got my learners motorbike license and proud owner of a Rebel 500!

I had come across Honda Rebel 3 forum on google while doing research on some simple mods for my Rebel and the amount of information and tips from this forum is freaking awesome!

A little background, I have never ridden a motorcycle before and the Rebel 500 is my first motorcycle. I loved the mix of modern and retro style it has and all the reviews on YouTube about it. At the time I was tossing up between the Rebel 500 & Kawasaki Vulcan S. What got me into wanting a motorcycle started from watching Top Gear Vietnam Special where Clarkson, Hammond & May toured the coast of Vietnam on Mopeds and I thought it would be awesome to do something like that in my own country here in New Zealand, from the tip of the North Island all the way to the bottom of the South Island. With the whole COVID-19 situation putting my travel plans on hold for who knows how long, I took it as a sign to finally put it to action!

So far all I have done to my Rebel is:
  • Installed a Dart Piranha windshield
  • Fuel tank wrapped Matte Metallic Copper
  • Attached a Musarri GP slip-on exhaust (Read that Kenny G recommended it and sounds freaking awesome)
In the coming week or 2 I am planning to:
  • Install a Halo LED headlight into OEM housing (This is what introduced me to the Honda Rebel 3 forum)
  • Install front LED indicators/blinkers (A forum here gave me the inspiration to do it)
What I have next planned for the Rebel 500:
  • Install front fork Gaiters.
  • Wrap top chrome forks matte black.
  • Wrap silver trimming of headlight housing matte metallic copper.
  • Change rear brake light and indicators.
  • Install a new more comfy seat. Looking at a Mustang seat on Amazon/e-Bay.
  • Install some sort of USB plug for charging devices etc.
  • Saddle bags & swing arm Viking bag (Plain Honda Rebel Motorcycle Swing Arm Bag)
  • Install De Pretto Moto Exential Mirrors with extenders.
Thanks for reading my little novel but would just like to thank this awesome community! I have learned a lot from reading all the forums here and just makes me love my Rebel so much more!

Stay safe all!

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Kelvin, a warm welcome to the friendly forum.

Here’s a little something for you if you haven’t seen them already. I do envy your country and its landscape and roads.

Lots of Henry Cole’s tours on G....e.

Part 1.

Part 2

Enjoy the bike and watch as many life saving skills videos as you can. Don’t forget: The throttle twists two ways!

Good Luck

Oh...given you ride on the left side of the road I recommend this book to you. The best book ever on riding techniques and safety. Get the latest copy or ebook - best book you will ever buy.

Motorcycle Roadcraft: The Police Rider's Handbook

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Kelvin, a warm welcome to the friendly forum.

Here’s a little something for you if you haven’t seen them already. I do envy your country and its landscape and roads.

Lots of Henry Cole’s tours on G....e.

Part 1.

Part 2

Enjoy the bike and watch as many life saving skills videos as you can. Don’t forget: The throttle twists two ways!

Good Luck

Oh...given you ride on the left side of the road I recommend this book to you. The best book ever on riding techniques and safety. Get the latest copy or ebook - best book you will ever buy.

Motorcycle Roadcraft: The Police Rider's Handbook
LEGEND!!! Thanks heaps for all the info and vids! I'll definitely give it a watch after work. I'm planning on making a vid of my ride across NZ so I'll definitely put it up here on the forum. Thinking of making a few vids of all the mods I'll be putting on the 500 so I'll share them for sure on here too.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome to the forum. color/wrap looks great
Cheers Odin! Its a colorway I've always liked. Originally it was something I was going to do to my car, but instead did it on the Rebel lol!

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome Kelvinize, hows that Dart Piranha windshield holding up? thinking on getting one for mine. Also nice bike =)
Thanks Goshawk, yeah I quite like the windshield. Easy to assemble to on the Rebel. It does deflect a bit of wind off your chest and looks good on the Rebel. It does give it a little bit of a Cafe Racer look which I like. It took a little over a week to get to NZ from the UK which is really good considering the whole COVID-19 situation.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As of today, the Rebel has had a bit of a facelift. Phase 2 done. Now shopping around for a rear tail light and indicator upgrade for Phase 3. Still need to get the top chrome fork wrapped black too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As of today, the Rebel has had a bit of a facelift. Phase 2 done. Now shopping around for a rear tail light and indicator upgrade for Phase 3. Still need to get the top chrome fork wrapped black too.
Damn she's looking really nice!!! love that windshield

1 - 13 of 13 Posts