Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
Just found this forum today after searching for every thing I can read about the new rebels. Studying for my M license now and already booked my BRC. I can't wait to check these bikes out in person.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm going for the 500 ABS. I want it to last more than a couple of seasons without feeling like I've outgrown it. Plus my area is full of wide open highway w very little traffic.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks! I'm going for the 500 ABS. I want it to last more than a couple of seasons without feeling like I've outgrown it. Plus my area is full of wide open highway w very little traffic.
You don't have to get far out of town and that's ALL you have. :laugh:

·
Registered
814 Posts
That is probably a good idea. While the 300 would be a great bike in the city, it will not be enough for most riders at highway speeds.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You might find yourself sticking with the 500 for longer than your thought since this is that medium of motorcycle that everyone gravitates to. Whether its someone downsizing or moving up. I see it all the time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You can always change the exhaust and get a tune and squeeze a little more out of it if you feel it needs a bit more oomph as well
Don't encourage him just yet, too many people jump right into mods without fully stretching out bikes. Once you do that then adding mods and experiencing the difference they make is rewarding. Sometimes people see no need for the power increase they thought was needed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh no worries! im 45 years old so I don't quite fit the market demographic anyway. I'm not interested in hauling ass, but at 200 lbs I'm thinking I might look for suspension upgrades first!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Would rather go the power commander route due to the control of being able to change things and squeeze out the most

1 - 13 of 13 Posts