Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone my name is Chris. I'm new to riding just taking the msf course now and if all goes well I'll have my license by the end of the day tomorrow. The box drill is kicking my butt. Don't own a bike yet but the Rebel 300 will be parked in my shed very soon. I went and sat on one this afternoon. I like the all black 300 she's a beauty! Felt good to sit on it can't wait for the first ride. So for now I'll just be hanging out here reading through the threads seeing what kind of customs you all have done so far.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Welcome!

I crossed one of the lines with the front tire on the u-turn during the test... lost a few points, but oh well.

Real world riding, you're allowed to do multi-point turns, or put your foot down if needed. I enjoyed the course overall, but that kinda crap got on my nerves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Chris,

Welcome aboard. I am also a new rider. The more you ride the easier it gets. Some pics of long island bike trails would be nice.

Either way happy riding and stay safe buddy.

Hammad

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck in your course.

Although driving courses vary by country, I did find it easier to relax and focus during mine by talking to myself and "giving myself instructions" during the driving test. We have a two-parts test where the first part is in a parking lot, doing slalom, 8-figure turns and driving in a straight line, and then a road test in the city. To calm myself, while the tester and other learners are watching (argh the pressure), I simply talked to myself during the slalom & 8-figure turns with something like "turn right, clutch, throttle, break, turn left".... It really helped.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new beauty

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome and words of encouragement. Good news I passed!! I'm now qualified to ride at slow speed in a parking lot ? All joking aside it was a great course I learned a lot from it and that box drill was a piece of cake once I figured out how to counter balance. Now I just need to buy a bike and the rebel 300 is what I'm after.

Jskafff: I'm in Massapequa just a few towns east of you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts