Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

I haven't been on a bike since I rode dirt bikes as a kid. 15 years later I am ready to get back on and I chose the Rebel 500 to do it. I think it looks AMAZING and will be a good bike to get me started again.

I just put the deposit down on a 500 ABS..there was only one in town and they wanted an arm and a leg for it so another dealer is ordering for me..I just have to wait until May now.

Cya around!

-Chritty

·
Registered
712 Posts
Welcome! What part of Illinois are you in? I'm down south in the St Louis Metro East, and still waiting on the call from my dealer that my bike is in.... though now that the forecast shows nothing but rain for days, they'll probably call this afternoon lol.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hey Guys!

I haven't been on a bike since I rode dirt bikes as a kid. 15 years later I am ready to get back on and I chose the Rebel 500 to do it. I think it looks AMAZING and will be a good bike to get me started again.

I just put the deposit down on a 500 ABS..there was only one in town and they wanted an arm and a leg for it so another dealer is ordering for me..I just have to wait until May now.

Cya around!

-Chritty
They are charging more than MSRP for it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forums, did you at least get to sit down on the other one in town to get a feel of it ??
Yes I got to sit down and feel it out. Felt really comfortable..I am 6ft and was worried it might be a little cramped but it wasn't at all.

Welcome! What part of Illinois are you in? I'm down south in the St Louis Metro East, and still waiting on the call from my dealer that my bike is in.... though now that the forecast shows nothing but rain for days, they'll probably call this afternoon lol.
I am in central Illinois! Probably about 3 hours north of you. This forecast does look awful doesn't it!? Only 2 dealers in town got some of the Rebels...1 500 w/ ABS and another dealer got a couple 500 and 300s with no ABS on either but that's it.

They are charging more than MSRP for it?
Yes they wanted $7700 OTD!!! Ended up getting the 500 ABS ordered for me for $6753 OTD..lowest price I could find in the area. Second lowest was $7000 OTD over in Iowa for a 500 ABS they had in stock already.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yes I got to sit down and feel it out. Felt really comfortable..I am 6ft and was worried it might be a little cramped but it wasn't at all.

I am in central Illinois! Probably about 3 hours north of you. This forecast does look awful doesn't it!? Only 2 dealers in town got some of the Rebels...1 500 w/ ABS and another dealer got a couple 500 and 300s with no ABS on either but that's it.

Yes they wanted $7700 OTD!!! Ended up getting the 500 ABS ordered for me for $6753 OTD..lowest price I could find in the area. Second lowest was $7000 OTD over in Iowa for a 500 ABS they had in stock already.
7700 that is crazy. Congrats on getting a much better price.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Lots of things to buy yourself with that $1000 saved from potentially buying an overpriced Rebel :D

On that note, have you started to think about accessories as yet?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lots of things to buy yourself with that $1000 saved from potentially buying an overpriced Rebel :D

On that note, have you started to think about accessories as yet?
I'd like a better sounding exhaust and also change out the tail light and turn signals. I really like the fender and tail lights they have in this video:
The headlight cover is nice too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
At least you like the seat since some people don't do well with most OEM motorcycle seats these days. Now you can get right down to the fun stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts