Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a preowned 2017 Honda Rebel 500. This is my second bike the first one decided it no longer wanted to function (85 Honda CB650) so I figured I would take a chance with the Rebel 500. Its a nice ride so far other than the suspension being a bit soft for my larger weight but I guess I can fix that down the road by loosing weight :laugh:. First thing I plan to do is get some foot pegs / frame sliders. Anyways great to meet yall. Cheers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How far into the year do people ride in Cincinnati? I have a few friends who say Ohio winters are no big deal and others say it’s the worst.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How far into the year do people ride in Cincinnati? I have a few friends who say Ohio winters are no big deal and others say it’s the worst.
Well it depends on where in Ohio you are. Also depends on the year. Im in the south east corner where one Winter can be mild and no snow and the next Winter we can have 18 snow storms and 20" plus of snow.

As we say here in the Mid West if you don't like the weather wait a day.

·
Registered
111 Posts

It depends on 'where' in Ohio

There is a thing called the 'Lake Effect'....which means your weather can be effected by the great lakes. So if you happen to live..say...in Cleveland, right on the lake...it can be devastating. Piles of snow over your head. I live in central Ohio, and the lake effect is much less, but sometimes it rears it ugly head. But by the time you get down to Cincy....the lake effect is over. It usually only lasts for about 150 miles (tops). Cincy is a little further than that. That's not to say Cincy can't have their own brutal winters....but they aren't effected too much by the lake effect.

The northern 1/2 of the state get's the lake effect.

That whole Chicago-Detroit-Cleveland-Buffalo is just a whole pile of winter nasty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was stationed in Great Lakes (North West of Chicago) for a bit.... That that was Winter. The Starks would have had a field day in that town.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts