Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Ryan and I'm the proud owner of a Rebel 300! Named her Pearl. I purchased her back in June and she has 1200+ miles so far. The Rebel is my first true motorcycle, as I rode a Vespa for 2 years before upgrading to a "real bike". Last summer, while still riding the Vespa, I took an MSF Course here in Brooklyn and they had us on Harley's Street 500, after which I fell in love with motorcycling...however I hated the Harley Street they had us on.

So I started a years worth of research. I considered the CB300f/500f/500x, Yamaha SR400, Versys-x300, Suzuki's TU-250x/SV650. Being a 30 yr/old millennial, I was mostly drawn toward retro and the modern retro bikes that are so popular these days, and "naked" bikes that are easy to work on yourself. Then the Rebel was announced, and bam, I found my bike.

I opted for the 300, mainly because I wanted something I could "grow on", not "grow into", if that makes any sense. Could I handle a 500 now? Yes, without a doubt. But, the 300 is perfect for the city and has plenty of power to keep me grinning from ear to ear (at least for a few years). I'm tall, 6'3", weigh 205lbs, athletic build, and I don't feel cramped on the bike whatsoever, I like the tucked-in feeling I get. The 300 is not a small bike front to back and the way that the controls are setup give me plenty of confidence to control the bike in different scenarios.

Summing up, I love my 300. I want to change the rear brake light/turn signals (like most people), add bar-end mirrors, and throw on a slip-on eventually, but I can wait for the aftermarket to grow. I look forward to discussing topics with everyone and learn some things along the way!

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
What's up Ryan. Another New Yorker on the forum. I live right in Glendale but my bike is garaged elsewhere. I haven't had a chance to cruise around the boroughs yet but it's definitely something I want to do, it seems fun. Most of my riding has been big roads and highways it can get pretty boring sometimes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ryan,

Welcome to the forum,

I love NYC.

What part of Brooklyn do you live?

Kenny G
Hey. I actually live on the intersection of two neighborhoods, Gowanus and Park Slope. We'll call it Park Slope - lite.

What's up Ryan. Another New Yorker on the forum. I live right in Glendale but my bike is garaged elsewhere. I haven't had a chance to cruise around the boroughs yet but it's definitely something I want to do, it seems fun. Most of my riding has been big roads and highways it can get pretty boring sometimes.
Right on! Not too far my neck of the woods. Where do you garage your bike?

Thanks man! I've read quite a few of your posts...looking forward to learning quite a bit from you and the rest of the community.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome to forum

·
Registered
138 Posts
Right on! Not too far my neck of the woods. Where do you garage your bike?
I keep it with my parents in Nassau County right now. I only had to be in queens for a year because of a city residency requirement for my fiance's job and we don't have a garage or driveway spot at our place. Only a few more months left and I'll much more time to ride but I ride pretty much every weekend right now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi! Another NYCer here!
I actually lived in "Park Slop Lite" up until last year! Technically on the Park Slope side of 4th Avenue and 5th Street (big condo, The Novo). Had a few bikes while I lived there - actually stabled a couple over at Machina Cycles on 9th and 3rd. We moved to Queens last year for the added space.
Anyways, just chiming in from the NYC area... we should all have a GTG ot something soon.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome! I'm a native New Yorker myself (Long Island).

-CG
Right on! Got lost on some roads out in Long Island about a month back (wife out of town...boyz will ride). That was the day I realized I needed a phone mount for navigation. LOL

Hi! Another NYCer here!
I actually lived in "Park Slop Lite" up until last year! Technically on the Park Slope side of 4th Avenue and 5th Street (big condo, The Novo). Had a few bikes while I lived there - actually stabled a couple over at Machina Cycles on 9th and 3rd. We moved to Queens last year for the added space.
Anyways, just chiming in from the NYC area... we should all have a GTG ot something soon.
We would have been...moto-neighbors? We're between 3rd and 4th, a few blocks from Barclays Center. Dude, I'm totally down for getting a group together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts