Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello just joined and am thinking of buying the CMX500 and want to know can the handlebars be pulled back using risers without having to change the cables because the distance to the handlebars was the only thing I think may be uncomfortable as I am vertically challenged:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. From what I have read you can put like 1 or 2 inch risers without having to get new cables. The one thing you might need to do is rearrange some cables

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 cmx500
118 Posts
Hello just joined and am thinking of buying the CMX500 and want to know can the handlebars be pulled back using risers without having to change the cables because the distance to the handlebars was the only thing I think may be uncomfortable as I am vertically challenged:)
You can easily fit risers with no other work on the bike. I am not very tall and i just loosened the bolts and rotated the handlebars towards me, tightened up again and that was enough. No more stretch which made riding much better and more relaxed.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Rebel cmx500A
49 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate. Ken here in Spain, I did exactly the same as rebelwithoutacause, just undid the the bolts and twisted the bars towards me and Bob's your uncle.
Stay safe mate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts