Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I would amagine like most folks on here I grew up on a Honda rebel. It really was my gateway drug to motorcycling. When it came time for my 17 year old son to get his M license I naturally though of a rebel. When I saw the new line it really peaked my interest. Huh, a Rebel but with a modern look and better performance. I was a bit worried about a new engine but then I found out it was a tried and true motor from one of their other lines just, tweaked to push a cruiser I was sold. I went out and bought a 500 due to 1) I wanted him to be able to keep up as best he was comfortable doing and 2) I didn’t want him to outgrow it too fast. I also plan to use it to lore other unsuspecting victims into riding. Everyone knows you can’t ride a rebel without grinning from ear to ear. So far my son has loved it and so did my younger brother, who’s now shopping for his first bike. For those more timid folks I have a 1978 Honda trail 90 in great running condition to start out on “ photos in garage”. I’m also here to get and work through ideas for how I’m gonna customize the 500 going forward. Thank you all for the warm welcome and I look forward to chatting with any and everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts