Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a retired 74 year old Belgian.
I needed a low bike and I found my Rebel that I present.

Please excuse me if I do not express myself correctly.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to another Senior Rider.

I suspect not your first bike. What have you ridden in your younger days/

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to another Senior Rider.

I suspect not your first bike. What have you ridden in your younger days/

Cheers

Jim
Thank you for the welcoming.

The first was a 50cc Itom in 1959 and one before the Rebel, a Kawasaki Vulcan S650, in 2016.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thank you for the welcoming.

The first was a 50cc Itom in 1959 and one before the Rebel, a Kawasaki Vulcan S650, in 2016.
Great, our grand' pa is finding the Vulcan attractive and more poerful than the Rebel.

What do you think of both bikes?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Great, our grand' pa is finding the Vulcan attractive and more poerful than the Rebel.

What do you think of both bikes?
I'm not tall, 1.69m, which guided my choices towards these low bikes.
The Vulcan was more comfortable, sutout for the position of the feet with three possible settings.
But it was heavier and its turning radius very large, which made it difficult to maneuver in the garage and half turns on narrow roads.

The Rebel is very manageable and pleasant. I got used to the position behind the feet. Beyond 120 Km / h, the wind becomes troublesome, I installed a windshield.
The dashboard is too simple, but accessories like tachometer and report indicator have been added.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Je ne suis pas grand, 1,69m, ce qui a guidé mes choix vers ces motos basses.
La Vulcan était plus confortable, sutout pour la position des pieds avec trois réglages possibles.
Mais elle était plus lourde et son rayon de braquage très grand, ce qui rendait difficile la manoeuvre dans le garage et les demi-tours sur routes étroites.

La Rebel est très maniable et agréable. Je me suis habitué à la position en retrait des pieds. Au delà de 120 Km/h, le vent devient gênant, j'ai installé un saute-vent.
Le tableau de bord est trop simple, mais des accessoires comme compte-tours et indicateur de rapport ont été ajoutés.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Welcome welcome!

D'amn, you have really gone all out on the technical department there!
Could you guide us through what you have mounted on the handlebars?
And possibly a link for the windshield?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

1 - 15 of 15 Posts