Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having a hard time figuring out which Brand heated hand grips will fit my Honda Rebel CMX500/A

·
Registered
482 Posts
You'll have to look for grips for an inch (25mm) handlebars; I have Saito grips and they works as intended.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks RupertC! I may have to order the Saito grips.
Has anyone bought a pair of Oxford heated grips for a 2018 Honda Rebel CMX500/A?
If so, what type of Oxford did you purchase?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks RupertC! I may have to order the Saito grips.
Has anyone bought a pair of Oxford heated grips for a 2018 Honda Rebel CMX500/A?
If so, what type of Oxford did you purchase?
Thanks!
Rupert C
I looked up the Saito heated grips
And they are 22 mm in diameter
You mentioned about getting 25 mm
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Byee
Did you purchase either the Oxford Adventure or Touring heated grips
For a 2018 Honda Rebel CMX500/A
Motorcycle

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Byee
Did you purchase either the Oxford Adventure or Touring heated grips
For a 2018 Honda Rebel CMX500/A
Motorcycle
Don't look these, they are all for 22mm handlebars; told you, you'll have to look at cruiser style grips.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used FortNine’s garage option for fitment.

The Oxford grip heaters suggested will definitely not fit into the 25.4mm bars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi. Fitted Oxford Heaterz Cruiser handgrips last weekend. Took way longer than planned. Left hand grip was a breeze to install, but the right hand grip was a bitch. The sleeve that came with the kit did not slip over the existing throttle, so I had to dismantle the start-button assembly, remove the two throttle cables from the carby-end so that I could remove the cable ends from the Honda throttle sleeve. Then I fitted the plastic Oxford throttle sleeve, connected the cables at both ends, put the starter switch assembly back together and whoa! The damned thing was too big to open and close the throttle smoothly! So had to dismantle the whole lot again, then use a small grinder to sand off some of the plastic ridge near the cable-end in order to make it fit. What a mission. It's together now, finally, and works. The hints on Youtube for removing the old grips and also this blog for where to store the Oxford cables came in real handy. Next weekend I hope to fit a new bobber-seat purchased off the web to replace the brick of a seat that comes with the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts