I looked up the Saito heated grips
And they are 22 mm in diameter
You mentioned about getting 25 mm
Thanks
Here, from our "local" supplier, btw, I bought them there

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi. Fitted Oxford Heaterz Cruiser handgrips last weekend. Took way longer than planned. Left hand grip was a breeze to install, but the right hand grip was a bitch. The sleeve that came with the kit did not slip over the existing throttle, so I had to dismantle the start-button assembly, remove the two throttle cables from the carby-end so that I could remove the cable ends from the Honda throttle sleeve. Then I fitted the plastic Oxford throttle sleeve, connected the cables at both ends, put the starter switch assembly back together and whoa! The damned thing was too big to open and close the throttle smoothly! So had to dismantle the whole lot again, then use a small grinder to sand off some of the plastic ridge near the cable-end in order to make it fit. What a mission. It's together now, finally, and works. The hints on Youtube for removing the old grips and also this blog for where to store the Oxford cables came in real handy. Next weekend I hope to fit a new bobber-seat purchased off the web to replace the brick of a seat that comes with the bike.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I installed the Oxford Heated Grips today. I had a lot of trouble getting the left grip to slide onto the handle bars. I wish I had read the suggestion to let the grips heat up to expand so they fit. What is one supposed to do to hide all the bundle of wires?

If we get a really bad winter I will be shortening the wiring.

Kenny G

1 - 13 of 13 Posts