Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas for how to insulate or isolate vibration in the headlight bucket? Extremely annoying, makes you feel like your riding some piece of Chinese ****.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Have you taken it apart prior to noticing the noise? Everything is packed so tight in there already, like @R80rt said cant be much to it. The bucket itself is flexible soft plastic and alll the wiring is pretty much already shielded and bundled together. Maybe a screw worked itself loose or something. Have not heard of this complaint before. you have the 300 or 500?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I hold the lense and the headlight housing snugly in my hand while running, the noise dissipates quite a bit. May be the lense vibrating or something.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1) it's literally 2 relatively small bolts. The shield is made of flexible plastic (I highly doubt you could break it without trying to break it), and you'd know as soon as you pull it off. Something would be either making noise (something is not quite right) or no noise (something was simply touching the cover making it rattle).

2) I, being me owning a ford ranger truck that typically rattles and makes noise anyway, Would pull the ancient trick of "if you can't hear it, everything is good" - aka the 'turn up the radio to drown out the growling bearing' trick. We don't have radios (well, comm units aside), but we CAN make the exhaust louder to drown it out.

Personal motto - When in doubt...Should be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts