Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been riding with the brown one since day 1 so I can't really compare but I would say don't expect much of a difference in comfort. It's not great but it is good enough for me and I like the way it looks over the stock seat. Most aftermarket custom seats I see just don't seem to "fit" the bike to me.

·
Registered
839 Posts
That's the upgrade seat for the 2020 and it looks to me it won't fit earlier models very well.
I saw a youtube video on it and it won't fit out of the box but clip the brackets and it fits. I'll try to find the video.

EDIT - I think that this is it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I saw a youtube video on it and it won't fit out of the box but clip the brackets and it fits. I'll try to find the video.

EDIT - I think that this is it.

That's the video where I saw those brackets on the 2020, wonder what they changed under the seat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's the video where I saw those brackets on the 2020, wonder what they changed under the seat.
Fairly certain they changed the ECU... I asked my local Honda dealer if the new speedometer is compatible with the earlier models. After a lil bit of messing around and experimenting, they said no since the new rebels are using a different ECU.

·
Registered
283 Posts
ECU is not under the seat, it is located under the tank.

Fairly certain they changed the ECU... I asked my local Honda dealer if the new speedometer is compatible with the earlier models. After a lil bit of messing around and experimenting, they said no since the new rebels are using a different ECU.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I'm looking at Honda Custom Rider seat, link below. Is it any good? Or is it just as bad as stock?

I fitted this seat and rack this afternoon - I'm sure it won't be any more comfortable, but to be honest I don't find the stock seat uncomfortable.
However, this looks far superior!
Just incidentally - I removed the passenger foot pegs but am left with the brackets - has anyone any suggestions before my husband comes home and gets his angle-grinder out!! 🤣
Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
View attachment 33359

I fitted this seat and rack this afternoon - I'm sure it won't be any more comfortable, but to be honest I don't find the stock seat uncomfortable.
However, this looks far superior!
Just incidentally - I removed the passenger foot pegs but am left with the brackets - has anyone any suggestions before my husband comes home and gets his angle-grinder out!! 🤣
Thank you.
where did you buy this seat?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hiya - trying to upload the link but I'm not good at it!
If you search in "search community" for "Dark 'n' Red Bobber Project" you should find the link there.
Or if you search in ebay for
"Genuine Seat Honda Rebel CMX 500 300 Driver Passenger 2017 - 2020"
you should find it - the seller is ploymoto in Thailand.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts