Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Has anyone tried swapping a pre 2020 dash and/lights out for the 2020?

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ohiomike 
#1 ·
Lifted my handlebars and have to do a dash swap or mod regardless because mine is damaged. Thinking of adding the 2020 dash and maybe also swapping for the new headlights.

#5 ·
I have a 2021 rebel 500 and yes it has a gear indicator. It also has a gas gauge, clock, odometer for total miles and 2 sets of trip meters. One set of the trip meters shows gasmileage rather than miles traveled I believe. While all this stuff sounds great and it is, I wish I had a normal headlamp and an analog speedometer that I could see easily in daylight. The LCD Gauge and LED lights are the things I hated most about the bike until I blew a fuse. To me a fuse holder ought to be one of the easiest things to get at on a vehicle. What a nightmare to change a fuse. I just Love engineers. I may have to consider trading bikes when it needs a new battery. They probably could have made it more difficult to get at, but it would take a better engineer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.