Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the relay to fix the hyperblink issue. I figured it couldnt hurt to see if anyone has changed it and can supply a link for the relay they used.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just use resistors?
I tried using 6ohm 50 watt resistors. Put them on all four of the blinker circuits and I still have the hyperblink. I'm guessing that the front running lights need to have a resistor on it as well (since its the same bulb), but there isnt really enough room to put two more resistors. Also, in past experience, when you use resistors on bulbs that are always on those resistors get HOT.

So I figured I could remove all the resistors and just replace the relay.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a few different relays coming in the mail. I'll let everyone know what type works, and where it's located.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The blinker relay is not one of those three. It?s actually in front of that cross brace. Above the three and on the right hand side. It?s a 4 pin I took pictures so I can find a replacement. I would like to know How longballer used a 2 pin. That?s what I bought thinking it would be the same as my grom. Longballer, can you explain how you were able to get the 2 pin to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The blinker relay is not one of those three. It?s actually in front of that cross brace. Above the three and on the right hand side. It?s a 4 pin I took pictures so I can find a replacement. I would like to know How longballer used a 2 pin. That?s what I bought thinking it would be the same as my grom. Longballer, can you explain how you were able to get the 2 pin to work.
Can you post a pic of where the relay is?

Is that picture the original relay? If so, can you post a pic of the pin layout?

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just noticed that it says 3.4w led on the relay. I wonder if you changed all the blinkers out to led, if they would blink correctly. Has anyone tried this yet?

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I just noticed that it says 3.4w led on the relay. I wonder if you changed all the blinkers out to led, if they would blink correctly. Has anyone tried this yet?
Hmm, that is peculiar indeed. I'm in the prosess of finding new blinkers for mine, they will all be LED, so I'll try it out when the time comes. Might still be a couple of months away thou before anything is done here, so don't hold your breath :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is where it?s located. And a picture of the connection.

Thanks for the info!

I converted all my signal to LED and I have the hyperblink. ****, that relay looks like it is going to be tricky to find.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Thanks for the info!

I converted all my signal to LED and I have the hyperblink. ****, that relay looks like it is going to be tricky to find.
But how much does your led lights pull thou?
Not sure how to interpret the whole 3,4 watt max thou. Do they mean max wattage drained by all four lights combined?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info!

But how much does your led lights pull thou?
Not sure how to interpret the whole 3,4 watt max thou. Do they mean max wattage drained by all four lights combined?
Who knows... I could take an amp draw measurement and calculate system wattage, but why bother? Either way I'll still have hyperblink with the stock relay. I found an LED relay like that one on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005F52RM4/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_Bct1zbFHKBHNB

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts