Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I don't know how I lived before my Rebel but now I go where I wanna go! but my butt hurts pretty bad. Can't walk after an hour ride. Any cushion or seats that anyone can recommend that is not out of stock? I would love to ride further and longer.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I didn't want to spend too much or commit to a high quality replacement seat as this isn't my forever bike, so I went with the AirHawk air cushion. Pricey for what it is and you can get "knock offs" on Amazon, but seems to do the trick for extending my riding time/butt numbness.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Long term solution: Corbin. As suggested, do a search. There are cheaper options out there but sometimes you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't want to spend too much or commit to a high quality replacement seat as this isn't my forever bike, so I went with the AirHawk air cushion. Pricey for what it is and you can get "knock offs" on Amazon, but seems to do the trick for extending my riding time/butt numbness.
Awesome. Thank you. The AirHawk Air cushions are in stock :D I know mustang seat is a favorite in this forum but it's out of stock. My butt needs comfort now!!! haha

Out of curiosity, what is going to be your next bike? You seem to have a plan

Long term solution: Corbin. As suggested, do a search. There are cheaper options out there but sometimes you get what you pay for.
I guess I will get the airhawk solution and wait for the mustang or corbin to come back in stock!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Awesome. Thank you. The AirHawk Air cushions are in stock :D I know mustang seat is a favorite in this forum but it's out of stock. My butt needs comfort now!!! haha

Out of curiosity, what is going to be your next bike? You seem to have a plan

I guess I will get the airhawk solution and wait for the mustang or corbin to come back in stock!
Yamaha Bolt R Spec on order. Passing down the Rebel to my wife for next season. Shes shown interest, but if she doesn't want it, I'll still likely keep it.

As for the AirHawk...don't expect a HUGE difference. It will make a difference for sure, but you'll still need breaks. It made a big difference for me with thigh pain mostly.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Corbin makes a solo seat, the Gunfighter, and a passenger version: Gunfighter & Lady. Either option is a custom order. For the Lady version, you still need footpegs and mounting bolts from the Honda OEM passenger seat kit: Honda Seat Kit Passenger 08R73-K87-A00 New OEM from Amazon or your Honda dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yamaha Bolt R Spec on order. Passing down the Rebel to my wife for next season. Shes shown interest, but if she doesn't want it, I'll still likely keep it.

As for the AirHawk...don't expect a HUGE difference. It will make a difference for sure, but you'll still need breaks. It made a big difference for me with thigh pain mostly.
I heavily considered the Yamaha Bolt but I knew I wasn't ready for it yet :D Nice cushion and suspension compared to Rebel - so much more power also. One needs to warm up to so much power between the legs :D

Corbin is custom made and is never in stock. you custom order the colors you want.
Corbin makes a solo seat, the Gunfighter, and a passenger version: Gunfighter & Lady. Either option is a custom order. For the Lady version, you still need footpegs and mounting bolts from the Honda OEM passenger seat kit: Honda Seat Kit Passenger 08R73-K87-A00 New OEM from Amazon or your Honda dealer.
Ohhh Corbin is custom made!!! I see. In that case, looking at prices for mustang at J&P Cycles - I think I might as well go with the a custom Corbin solo seat. What's the usual lead time like with Corbin?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I posted this in another thread but here is my Mustang seat that just arrived from Amazon. Haven't tried it yet but it sits about the same as the Corbin Gunfighter. Happy to answer any questions.
View attachment 33040
Looking mighty fine there Long Beach Gary. That Mustang does look like it's a LOT more cushion than the stock seat. What's the longest ride you have taken so far and what did your butt say? :D That little back part that comes up like that, does it kinda "hug" your upper cheeks? Have you ever tried the Corbin before? Someone commented that the long term solution is Corbin, just trying to get a feel for which one to go for...I only plan to get one. Both are spendy but worth it.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Thanks. Well, so far ZERO miles on the Mustang on the 2019 Rebel. In the past I had a Corbin on my Rebel 250 (gunfighter and lady), my 2017 Rebel 500 (gunfighter), my 2019 Shadow (dual tour) and my 2019 Rebel 500 (gunfighter bought used).

I switched the Corbin on the Shadow for a Mustang seat because the backrest I bought for the Corbin sits too high on my back and is uncomfortable.

I did order a Corbin Gunfighter and Lady for this Rebel 500 but it's still in production and will probably be another 3 or 4 weeks.

The most miles I did on the 2017 Corbin was a couple of times with the guys from this forum and that was a little over 200 miles each time and it was comfortable.

I'll let you know about the new Mustang tomorrow - I'll be doing a 70 mile ride.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I think I might as well go with the a custom Corbin solo seat. What's the usual lead time like with Corbin?
Even though they are custom made, they don't make a solo seat for the Rebel.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Another option is a custom made seat by dealing with your local upholsterer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We mounted a $25 Amazon Airhawk style pad and Alaska Sheepskin cover on wife’s Rebel 500 and she’s quite pleased with the results for less than $100.

·
Registered
839 Posts
You're right, the Gunfighter is essentially a solo seat without the solo style.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello! I don't know how I lived before my Rebel but now I go where I wanna go! but my butt hurts pretty bad. Can't walk after an hour ride. Any cushion or seats that anyone can recommend that is not out of stock? I would love to ride further and longer.
I seen some gel pads that looked kinda cool. I have a Rebel 300 and I feel the same but I messed up my tailbone snowboarding prior to getting my bike. I guess it’s not only from snowboarding. Good luck and let us know what works good for you

·
Registered
593 Posts
I found a gel pad did not help, but that together with some more foam was good. (On another bike that time). If I had a tailbone problem I would like to see a heart-shaped cutout in the foam at the back edge of the seat.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts