Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’ll be getting my in laws 17 rebel 500 this week and was wondering what max height of risers/bars I can go without extending cables but re-routing? I’m only 5’7 so I don’t need anything massive. Was hoping to get maybe a 4” ride but curious to know what’s possible. Thanks ??

·
Registered
30 Posts
It depends on how far out the handlebars go too, but you should be good. I’ve had the Biltwell Zed bars on mine which have a 5” rise, but are pretty narrow. There was still plenty of slack left on the cables. I’ve also had the TC Bros Tracker bars which are a 5” rise and go out pretty wide. I think the cables are about maxed out with those, I couldn’t imagine going any higher/further out. I’m sure you’d be good with a 4” rise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was reading that drilling is required? What for? Triple tree clamps? Any idea if I can order those bars in Canada?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was reading that drilling is required? What for? Triple tree clamps? Any idea if I can order those bars in Canada?

The switch housings on each bar has a nipple on the bottom on the inside the sit in a hole on the stock bars. You will have to drill a hole to match on each side of the new bars. Check out fortnine.ca - Canadian and free shipping on orders of $100.00 I think (maybe it’s 50.00 can’t remember).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay sweet thanks. What about risers as another option. Anything available for these things? I Snowmobile as well, and thought about getting a set of snowmobile riders, but unfortunately the bars are 1” instead of 7/8 or 1-1/8 so that plan has gone out the window lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts