Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I'm looking on best options for a smaller storage bag to put on the front of the bike, most likely on the handlebars/right above the headlight.

Just something large enough to hold a cell phone, maybe keys, and the bike paperwork.
JM,

When you find a bag like you describe please post it as I need one too.

Kenny G

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm looking on best options for a smaller storage bag to put on the front of the bike, most likely on the handlebars/right above the headlight.

Just something large enough to hold a cell phone, maybe keys, and the bike paperwork.
check out the SW-MOTECH Legend Gear MOLLE Style LA5 Tool Bag | 1.6L.

Here

·
Registered
263 Posts
No just buckled. I just don’t think like that but I should. I only keep some tools in it. If I go into a store I take my helmet and phone with me always.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have the one posted about placed above the headlight its great, waterproof and i can actually fit a fair amount of stuff in it, two i phones, two wallets, a disc brake lock and reminder cable and a set of keys.
Wait... I think I follow now. This is the same one that was posted above with the link... I got it. Looks like it's around $100, but seems well worth it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wait... I think I follow now. This is the same one that was posted above with the link... I got it. Looks like it's around $100, but seems well worth it.
yeah its the SW Motech legend, just google it and there everywhere i think i got mine for around $80-$90 though so keep searching for those deals. also all the cool little straps hoops on the outside are great i can clip my hat to it. make sure you use all four straps when you put it on though, i used two for a a little and that thing was flying all over the place hahaha four is much more secure, it comes with 4 straps and some sort of longer strap that i have yet to figure out the purpose of hahaha.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it comes with 4 straps and some sort of longer strap that i have yet to figure out the purpose of hahaha.
Just doing some research on some websites, it lists that it has a "Waist/shoulder strap included" so I'm thinking that's where your longer strap comes into play.

So before I dump $100 into this bag, you love it and definitely would recommend it, right?

·
Registered
182 Posts
i have the one posted about placed above the headlight its great, waterproof and i can actually fit a fair amount of stuff in it, two i phones, two wallets, a disc brake lock and reminder cable and a set of keys.
May I ask for a link to the bulb you have? I have an LED and its horrible at night.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just doing some research on some websites, it lists that it has a "Waist/shoulder strap included" so I'm thinking that's where your longer strap comes into play.

So before I dump $100 into this bag, you love it and definitely would recommend it, right?
yeah i like it a lot, if i didn't have those cool fork covers on my moto i would put them on top of the light and on the bottom of the light. but i want to show those off so I'm ordering a side saddle bag instead.

The fork bag doesn't lock if that would be a problem for you?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i like it a lot, if i didn't have those cool fork covers on my moto i would put them on top of the light and on the bottom of the light. but i want to show those off so I'm ordering a side saddle bag instead.

The fork bag doesn't lock if that would be a problem for you?
I do like those fork covers a lot so I can't blame you!

Locking it is not a huge concern to me. It's going to be mainly used for when I'm riding so I don't have to worry about my cell phone, wallet, etc. while cruising. Anytime I'd get off the bike, I'd almost never leave anything of importance in there.

Thanks for the info man. I'm going to just look around locally this week/weekend and then I'll more than likely be pulling the trigger on the motech.

·
Registered
712 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts