Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. So some idiot must have ran into my bike from it's right had side and knocked it over past the kickstand. I live in Brooklyn and because I don't want to pay $400 a month to garage it, I figure it will get a few scratches but what can you do. But i never thought someone would run into it hard enough to knock it over. The bar ends, pegs and so on are really scratched up, as well as the pavement, so I am pretty sure that's what happened. No note of course...

Anyhow, the cosmetics are annoying but my biggest concern is that the handlebars appear either bent out of shape or out of alignment. I was hoping someone here could check my photos against their bike and see if they feel its the bars or it just needs to be aligned. The cluster with the emergency break was all twisted out of shape too so I turned it back the best I remember but if you notice that too it would be helpful.

I haven't had a bike since I was younger and all those were dirt bikes, so one cared less (because of the bike but also age haha) about these things but now I don't want to be traveling at highway speeds with any alignment issues. Woudl you all take it to the shop if it was knocked over for them to look at?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
being hit that hard it may also have frame/ front end damage, I dunno what your situation is, but personally I would have it trailered to a repair facility and checked, even at lower speeds like anything above 3 mph your head and concrete have no fondness for each other, and tank slap can happen with bad alignment and suddenly with no warning, call your insurance company and live to ride another day,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The photos don't have any apparent bends or out of alignment condition, How does it ride?
just got back from the dealership and luckily it’s just the handlebars bent. Alignment is good - nice call. So I’m out $300 for new bars when they come in since I don’t want to run all those lines myself, but thinking to invest in heated grips since they will have it all apart anyways.

thanks for the replies everyone. So much less to worry about in a beat up enduro hahaha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts