Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here is what I did.....

Hi,
I am a shorter Rider (about 5'4") and thinking of maybe switching out the handle bars and recommendations for good handle bars?
I am 5'2" and after much to do and some money wasted, I have gone back to the OEM handlebar WITH the H2C Riser. That seems like it did what I needed to do, which is sitting more upright and not have my arms so overstretched.

I figure I can ride until my first service and then if I am not happy I can then go to my next handlebar but will have to spend more money in cable extensions and electrical and that gets expensive!!!!

As it was I was trying to find a "Fix" and the dealership swapped my bars out BEFORE I told them what I wanted....so I can't return my other bars I bought so I bit the bullet and have them now.

As someone else posted here, I'd suggest doing the H2C riser--with the OEM bars--see what that does for you, THEN go from there.

Good luck! Honda didn't think their latest design through very well for shorter riders with shorter arms. Too bad the OEM bars are not adjustable! :smile2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
will have to spend more money in cable extensions and electrical.
I was able to put some 3" up/back risers on my wife's rebel without adding any cable lengths. The brake line can be re-run behind the fork tubes and gain a lot of length. And the other cables (electrical/clutch) seemed to have plenty of slack.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I fitted a set of LSL Flat Track Inch Handlebar Black Steel Honda CMX 500 Rebel 2018 purchased off £bay. They require new holes drilled to stop the switch blocks and throttle housing from rotating, and are wider than stock so require cutting down if you wish to rotate them to get them sitting 30mm closer than the stock bars to the rider without having to replace any cables, although you do need to unclip and reroute the break line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts