Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ordered another one from another vendor and received it. Question for those who have installed it already:

Which wire to tap into for the halo wire??? I'm assuming it's a wire with key-ON power.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I started to take mine apart today to do this. Two things:

1) The screws that hold the reflector into the headlight aiming stay appear to have red loctite on them. I was able to get three of them out, but the fourth is starting to strip when I try. What is the best way to solve that?

2) It appears that the right-hand aiming screw/spring assembly attaches to the reflector, not the headling aiming stay. The replacement LED module doesn't have attachment points. Did this pose any aiming problems?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Deffler,

Usually a small soldering iron placed on the head of the fastener will melt the Loctite, and then it should come out.

Kenny G

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just read this entire thread, consensus is tap into the VIOLET Accessory wire, or the WHITE low-beam wire.

Opinions on why one is better than the other?
Both options will provide the same outcome, however if it taps to the violet wire it will be on a different fused circuit so you would have some sort of visibility if the headlamp fuse should blow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What headlight did you buy to fit into the stock housing
Any 5 3/4 headlight should fit in the housing.

1. Dissemble entire headlight fixture.
2. Use only the largest round bracket.
3. Place new light in bracket.
4. Mark where the holes should be.
5. Drill and tap holes.
6. Locktite, machine screws, washers
7. Reassemble.
8. Plug it in and your done.

It's not that simple but it's an easy way to explain it. I would rate it a 3/3 on Revzillas beardscale of difficulty.

Here's the light I used. I love the modern look of it and the black background.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYJHT3K/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_5axpBbYYFHD02
that's the exact white I'm installing on my bike that wire sticking from the side I plug that into the low beam wire correct? Which wire is the low beam wire?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just a quick question...I am curuious. The Honda Rebel has low-beams on all the time when riding. How does that work with the Halo? It seems to be one or the other. Does it have a DRL sensor in it?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts