Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Halo LED light today, would say it took me about 2 hours. I wrapped the top section of bother forks with black vinyl before the install as to not scratch them and to get rid of the chrome. I just spliced into the low beam wire for the Halo, so that means that whenever I turn on my high beam the hall shuts off, but I can live with that. I'll include the links to the pieces I bought and yes the light is plug and play.

Bucket- Hozan Black 5.75" LED Headlight... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071D3TPQ5?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Light- Funlove 5 3/4 5.75 Inch LED... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYJHT3K?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dumb question: So are your low beams on as well as the halo during the day & night? I can't seem to tell with the pics.
I would love to do this to the bike but I'm very destructive to whatever I work on with tools.

Looks great, though!!!

-J

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dumb question: So are your low beams on as well as the halo during the day & night? I can't seem to tell with the pics.
I would love to do this to the bike but I'm very destructive to whatever I work on with tools.

Looks great, though!!!

-J
Yes low beam and Halo are on when you start the bike, when you switch to high beam the Halo turns off

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 500
70 Posts
Wild idea as I contemplate this upgrade. Since the Rebel doesn't have a separate DRL/low beam function, what if you wired in a photocell with a relay like cars use for auto headlights? That way, without any switches, you'd have the halo DRL during the day and the photocell would switch it to low beam (or both) at night?
I've not seen this light in person so see what daytime light it puts out but from the pictures it almost seems like the halo alone would be more noticeable during the day than both halo/low beam. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is something I wanted to do with mine, but most times I see it installed the Halo isn't actually on. This looks like it's on with it spliced into the low beam. I like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts