Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for suggestions or experiences with gun holsters that will mount to my Rebel 1100 DCT. Ideally looking for options for a Glock 26 but also S&W .38 special that are easily accessed in case of need.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I think your local laws might help with what is allowed on a motorcycle or on the rider. I have never thought of carrying a gun on the bike or on my person. Times have changed over the years and crime is up in most places.

Most gun laws are state so traveling from say Nevada to CA. could be trouble but knowledge is key. Just anything over 10 rounds in a clip or even an empty 15 round clip will get you arrested here in CA.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think your local laws might help with what is allowed on a motorcycle or on the rider. I have never thought of carrying a gun on the bike or on my person. Times have changed over the years and crime is up in most places.

Most gun laws are state so traveling from say Nevada to CA. could be trouble but knowledge is key. Just anything over 10 rounds in a clip or even an empty 15 round clip will get you arrested here in CA.
Fortunately, I am in the free state of Ohio where we now have constitutional concealed carry, open carry and stand your ground laws. I always carry because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Currently, I carry on person but was looking for ways to mount a small handgun on my bike with easy access.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Have you ever been distracted, walked away and left your keys in your bike? hit a hard bump and had something fall off even though it was tied down? It seems your waistband or hip is just as accessible when on a bike as when walking.
Having been in 2 accidents that totaled my bike (and me) I cannot think of anything I would trust a loaded firearm to except on my person because I would not want to lose custody of it , have some child or criminal pick it up and behave irresponsibly with a firearm I (although inadvertently ) provided,

Btw if you end up in emergency room, ask attendant/ nurse / janitor / whoever go get security personnell for you , they will come and take posession of your firearm until you leave, no problem no questions. bt dt twice >

I am sure you do not intend to display bada$$ery by having a weapon strapped to your ride and am not saying you are, but some people who hate guns and bikes may cause altercations that would be un necessary .

anything strapped down well enough to prevent accidental loss is not going to be more quicly accessible than on your hip .
If a hip or belt holster is uncomfortable while riding , maybe a shoulder holster or an auto instead of a revolver, or a longer belt and larger pair of pants or back away from the cheezburgers for a while . It worked for me . I went from 240 to 180 and can now get things out of my pants pocket without getting undressed,
I have been carrying now for 40 plus years, and admittedly I do not live on 7 mile in chicago , I have only been in 2 occasions when possibly drawing was going to be necessary, fortunately both times se escalation saved a lot of trouble, I do hope your situation is not so bad as you EVER have to draw, because if you do , you gotta use or have it used against you.
No one can attempt to take it from you if they don't know you have it'
You have the right to stick it in yer hat band and set fore to your hair so everyone can see it, I do not mean to argue that point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First I will answer your question. IF I were to not carry the firearm on my person I would keep the firearm in a holdster and use a frame/swing arm bag to hold the weapon.

However I would highly recommend not to mount the firearm to your motorcycle or store it in any unlocked place. The post above mentions very good reasons not to. I have seen many motorcycle crashes where the person is transported and not conscious. I have also seen the debris field after a hard collision and knowing the forces involved would not keep the firearm mounted to the bike. Good luck

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
605 Posts
yep get the frame bag thingy, keep a donut in there and the weapon on yer hip

Reactions: Kaptor

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree with the majority of the posts above, especially the comments about accidentally forgetting to remove your weapon when getting off your bike (I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve left my cell phone in the handlebar mount). I also have been in my share of spills and know how easily everything on the bike can go in different directions. I’m a strong supporter of our right to bear arms…responsibly. I live in the state of Arizona, where everybody and their mother carries a firearm, and the gun laws support and allow for that. HOWEVER, regardless of stand your ground laws, anybody with any knowledge or training on self-defense knows that you can only use lethal force when there is no other available option. When you’re on a two wheeled vehicle that can outrun most four wheeled vehicles, you almost always have an option of escape. Consequently, the laws would typically not support you if you were to use a weapon while you are riding your motorcycle, (which would be the only time you would be using it if you have it mounted on the bike). It’s always better to carry on your person, and generally best to carry concealed. The element of surprise holds a lot more weight than the element of display. I keep a 380 in a wallet holster when I’m riding and I have no problem accessing it if I need to...but it’s a lot better to use your right hand for the throttle and than pulling a weapon. Contrary to popular belief, open carry does not keep you safer. Ask any law enforcement officer. Ride safe.

• Helpful
Reactions: synnamdammit

·
Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500 ABS in blue
97 Posts
If I were to carry while riding, it would 100% be shoulder holster, set up to use left handed if I were on the DCT. Good thing I'm a lefty.

But as I don't have a DCT I need both hands for riding anyway!

Shoulder holster under the jacket, if I had to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts