Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

Phil from Lausanne in Switzerland here, and long time lurker on this forum. Finally pulled the trigger and bought an used 2018 Honda CMX 500.

I've been riding a Sportster 883 Iron for two years, sold it due to co$ts and bought a scooter (Honda PCX 125) for commuting.
The thing is, I missed riding a motorcycle so much but wanted something nimble and still on the " bobber " side, so when I saw the Rebel I knew I had to have it haha.

My biggest concern was that I would find it too smooth and gentle (compared to HD) but boy... I was wrong! That bike is so much fun!

She is now sleeping under a cover, battery linked to a tender, waiting for the winter to be over.

Cheers!

~ Phil

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome, I'm curious on your opinions comparing the 2.
Thank you :)

I didn't drive enough yet with the Rebel to give you a good comparison, but what I can already say is that it is much much more nimble than the Iron 883, feels lighter, and the sitting position fits me perfectly (I'm 173cm / 5' 8") as I can easily have my feet flat on the ground. It makes you want to play with it, whereas the Iron is heavier and didn't feel prone to an agressive riding style (personally...).

Also, like I said before I was scared that the liquid-cooled engine of the Rebel wouldn't feel as " lively " as the air-cooled V-Twin from the Iron 883, but I highly doubt I'd get bored of it! And the traffic in my town is terrible, now I won't be panicking about my engine getting overheated haha.

Honestly my biggest gripe with the Rebel is the non-analogical speedometer... but hey, I'll get used to it!

That's all I can say for now, I'll make a post next year when I'll ride the Rebel on a daily basis :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts