Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo!

New to riding, recently passed my full licence, fell in love with Rebel at first sight ... I road test the Triumph Bobber and the Honda Rebel prior to making my purchase, and it was a pretty close call between the two bikes, I wanted a bike I could put my mark on, and for that reason the Rebel made it over the line. Now I am looking to customise the F**K out of the bike ... So far I have only changed the seat ... on my list, (trying to get that cafe racer styleeee), not into the cruiser look too much.

1. Back tyre only (white wall)
2. Grips
3. Mirrors
4. Exhaust
5. Short rear fender (bobber style)

I can see already there's some really cool threads on slip on exhausts! Any suggestions on any of the above would be really appreciated. I got a service coming up and I am going to get all the bits and have my Honda dealer fit at the same time ... not really mechanically minded.

Great to be part of the community!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello BlazingSaddle!

I sat on a Triumph Bobber and the seat on that thing was so comfortable.
Anyways, welcome to the forum! I can't wait to check out your soon-to-be customized Rebel in the future.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Yo!

New to riding, recently passed my full licence, fell in love with Rebel at first sight ... I road test the Triumph Bobber and the Honda Rebel prior to making my purchase, and it was a pretty close call between the two bikes, I wanted a bike I could put my mark on, and for that reason the Rebel made it over the line. Now I am looking to customise the F**K out of the bike ... So far I have only changed the seat ... on my list, (trying to get that cafe racer styleeee), not into the cruiser look too much.

1. Back tyre only (white wall)
2. Grips
3. Mirrors
4. Exhaust
5. Short rear fender (bobber style)

I can see already there's some really cool threads on slip on exhausts! Any suggestions on any of the above would be really appreciated. I got a service coming up and I am going to get all the bits and have my Honda dealer fit at the same time ... not really mechanically minded.

Great to be part of the community!
Blazzzing,

Welcome to The Forum!

Ride Safe & Keep The Shiny Side Up

I like the Misano Muffler.

Kenny G

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Blazzing, welcome to the forums.

Soooo much stuff has been, and continues to be discussed on this page there is no end to the advice available. I lurked for about 4 weeks before I jumped in and signed up. That was a couple of months ago and I'm still finding interesting stuff. I'm sure there is a thread about each of the things on your list, just take some time and start reading. The best thing is almost all of them have links to where to source the items and photos of what it looks like and/or how they did it. Awesome stuff.

Enjoy yourself mate!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.